Standard Group Vacancies For Sub Editor Ureport, Application Details
The Standard Group Plc is a multi-media organization with investments in media platforms spanning newspaper print operations, television, radio broadcasting, digital and online services, as well as outdoor advertising. The Standard Group is recognized as a leading multi-media house in Kenya with a key in uence in matters of national and international interest.
Our various media platforms include: The Standard newspaper, KTN, KTN News, Radio Maisha, The Nairobian weekly newspaper, Think Outdoor (billboard advertising) and Standard Digital. As part of strengthening our operations and growing www.standardmedia.co.ke, Standard Digital is looking for smart, creative and ambitious individuals to join the team.
www.standardmedia.co.ke is East Africa’s #1 news platform with over 10 million readers monthly. We are looking for an individuals who will help us maintain the #1 position in the following capacities;
- Reporting to the uReport & Social Media Editor, The Sub-Editor UReport will be responsible for the following;
- Rewriting and editing content from other Standard Group platforms and contributors for web;
- Monitoring newsfeeds for breaking news and information;
- Writing sponsored/commercial content for clients;
- Checking all facts for accuracy and removing any ambiguities in consultation with reporters and editors;
- Ensuring all claims are supported by evidence and that no content can trigger litigation, including any plagiarised content;
- Ensuring compliance with editorial journalistic code of ethics, and house style;
- Rewriting copy to remove all errors of grammar, ensure news clarity and appeal, and t content to required length, without leaving out facts, distorting articles or removing any salient points;
- Creating appropriate headlines and captions for copy and pictures, ensuring they re ect the overriding message of the story;
- Identifying, selecting and sizing pictures to go with stories; specifying the requirements of relevant video content as required and placing on digital platform;
- Generating and approving and moderating of news alerts;
- Required Experience: At least two years’ experience writing for web
Qualifications & skills
- Degree in communication, journalism or literature or any related eld
- Exceptional writing, editing and storytelling skills
- Understanding of SEO and basic skills in photo editing.
How to Apply
If you possess the above qualifications and the drive to meet the challenge, visit our website www.standardmedia.co.ke/recruitment to browse through the current openings/vacancies and apply.
This is on a one year contractual basis subject to review.
Please note that ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Standard Group is an equal opportunity employer and as such, canvassing of any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: