Standard Group Vacancies For Head Of Desk-VOD, Application Details
The Standard Group Plc is a multi-media organization with investments in media platforms spanning newspaper print operations, television, radio broadcasting, digital and online services, as well as outdoor advertising. The Standard Group is recognized as a leading multi-media house in Kenya with a key influence in matters of national and international interest.
Our various media platforms include: The Standard newspaper, KTN, KTN News, Radio Maisha, The Nairobian weekly newspaper, Think Outdoor (billboard advertising) and Standard Digital. As part of strengthening our operations and growing www.standardmedia.co.ke, Standard Digital is looking for smart, creative and ambitious individuals to join the team.
www.standardmedia.co.ke is East Africa’s #1 news platform with over 10 million readers monthly. We are looking for an individuals who will help us maintain the #1 position in the following capacities;
Reporting to the Digital Content Manager, The Head of Desk-Editorial VOD will be responsible for the following;
- Conceptualize and oversee execution of multimedia content for various projects
- Coordinate pre-production, logistics and production planning activities for studio and eld shoots
- Organize shooting schedules, manage resources and supervise the progress of the project from production to post production
- Collaborate closely with internal clients and stakeholders to help facilitate the creation of multimedia content
- Manage the production of a variety of creative video products for broadcasting, webcasting, video streaming, and digital distribution
- Work with print and broadcast newsrooms to generate unique content
- Manage digital production team to ensure quality and revenue targets are met
- Ensure compliance with relevant regulations, codes of practice and health and safety laws
Qualification and Skills
- Required Experience: At least two years’ hands-on production experience: camerawork, lighting, directing and editing.
- University Graduate in Communication, Media, Public Relations or a related eld from a recognized University. Must have certi cation in computer studies.
- Excellent communicator with strong people skills
- Ability to conceptualize creative ideas and to think visually
- Capacity to manage a project from start to nish, to tight deadlines
- Must be proactive, self-driven, assertive, punctual and organized
- Must have strong analytical skills, social media savvy, innovative and creative Must be a team player, dynamic and able to work under demanding circumstances
- Displays in-depth knowledge and understanding of video and social media platforms, their respective audiences and how each platform can be deployed in di erent scenarios.
How to Apply
If you possess the above qualifications and the drive to meet the challenge, visit our website www.standardmedia.co.ke/recruitment to browse through the current openings/vacancies and apply.
This is on a one year contractual basis subject to review.
Please note that ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Standard Group is an equal opportunity employer and as such, canvassing of any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
Share this post with your Friends: