Standard Group Vacancies For Copy Writer, Application Details
The Standard Group Plc is a multi-media organization with investments in media platforms spanning newspaper print operations, television, radio broadcasting, digital and online services, as well as outdoor advertising. The Standard Group is recognized as a leading multi-media house in Kenya with a key in uence in matters of national and international interest.
Our various media platforms include: The Standard newspaper, KTN, KTN News, Radio Maisha, The Nairobian weekly newspaper, Think Outdoor (billboard advertising) and Standard Digital. As part of strengthening our operations and growing www.standardmedia.co.ke, Standard Digital is looking for smart, creative and ambitious individuals to join the team.
www.standardmedia.co.ke is East Africa’s #1 news platform with over 10 million readers monthly. We are looking for an individuals who will help us maintain the #1 position in the following capacities;
- Reporting to the Digital Content Manager, Copy Writer will be responsible for the following;
- Interpret copywriting briefs to understand project requirements
- Generating creative ideas to build innovative campaigns, and overseeing execution
- Collaborate with freelancers, designers, PR and other professionals on large- and small-scale projects
- Writing clear, compelling copy for various mediums (e.g. native ads, blog posts, newsletters)
- Conduct high-quality research and interviews
- Edit and proofread copy, using SEO principles to maximize reach
- Overseeing campaigns from inception to execution and generating performance reports for clients and sales teams
- Advise supervisor on new trends, tools, applications, channels, design & strategy
Qualification & Skills
- Required Experience: Over 2 years’ experience working either as a journalist, marketer or a public relations officer in a media house; one of which must be in online journalism.
- University Graduate in Communication, Media, Public Relations or a related eld from a recognized University. Must have certification in computer studies.
- Excellent communication, creative and writing skills.
- Strong editorial skills; understanding of Media Law and Media Ethics
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of video and social media platforms, their respective audiences and how each platform can be deployed in di erent scenarios.
- Demonstrates winning Social Customer Service techniques. Possesses great ability to identify potential negative or crisis situation and apply con ict resolution principles to mitigate issues
- Must have strong analytical skills, social media savvy.
- Keep abreast of evolving trends through continuing professional education in the area of digital platforms
How to Apply
If you possess the above qualifications and the drive to meet the challenge, visit our website www.standardmedia.co.ke/recruitment to browse through the current openings/vacancies and apply.
This is on a one year contractual basis subject to review.
Please note that ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Standard Group is an equal opportunity employer and as such, canvassing of any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: