Standard Group Job Vacancies 2018 Studio Technical Operator, Application Details
The Standard Group comprises The Standard Newspapers, The Nairobian, KTN, Radio Maisha, Standard Digital and Think Outdoor Services. The Group is looking for a quali ed, experienced and reputable team player to ll the following position:
Reporting to Supervisor, Gallery Operations; Supervisor, OB Operations OVERALL
Purpose of The Job
This role is responsible for operating professional television broadcast equipment for recording, transmitting and live broadcasting to ensure the highest quality of audio and video signal.
- Operating Studio and OB equipment to ensure quality sound and video in studio productions and live OB’s.
- To ensure that the selected shots are well balanced on screen and relevant to the message.
- Provide a daily report of events & recommend ways of improvements to the Supervisors.
- Act as a sound technician within the gallery and studio ensuring that all sound microphones are in place and working, installation of mobile microphones on guests and undertaking the various sound and vision mixing in accordance to international Broadcast standards.
- Compiling all commercials, programmes and promos for transmission and ensure they run as per the Daily Transmission Schedule (DTs);
- Ensuring all cameras and lighting equipment within the studios are correctly aligned at all times before and during live and pre-recorded programmes;
- Handling of equipment carefully during and a er productions and sending faulty equipment to the workshop for repair. Handling of broadcast equipment outside the premises in times of live or pre-recorded events
- Database maintenance of information in the TV Playout Servers
- To check peak levels against peak/vu meter calibration to ensure clarity of up-sounds/commentary/music as per laid down procedures
Key Performance Indicators
- Ensuring availability of quality transmission signal and being alert to respond to signal interruptions on 24 hour basis
- Compile and update the CTS and DTS on a daily basis
- Ensure that the studio equipment is functioning by dusting and testing on a daily basis, and sending faulty equipment to maintenance for repair.
- E cient handling of equipment, when assigned to an OB or o -site Production by packing in the prescribed manner and ensuring all equipment taken out of SGL premises, is returned safely
- Customer Service: Keep a log of all customer complaints and errors and ensure a 24 hour turn around for resolution of complaints/errors
- Deadlines control: Zero tolerance to all errors.
- Diploma in Media Technology or a relevant field from a recognized institution
- At least 1 year relevant experience
- Skills and Attributes
- Judgement or discretion required.
- Ability to make independent decisions
- Knowledge of routine(s)
How to Apply
If you possess the above quali cations and the drive to meet the challenge, visit our website www.standardmedia.co.ke/recruitment to browse through the current openings/vacancies and apply.
This is on a one year contractual basis subject to review.
Please note that ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Standard Group is an equal opportunity employer and as such, canvassing of any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: