Standard Group Job Vacancies 2018 for Head Of Desk-Editorial Video
The Standard Group Plc is a multi-media organization with investments in media platforms spanning newspaper print operations, television, radio broadcasting, digital and online services, as well as outdoor advertising. The Standard Group is recognized as a leading multi-media house in Kenya with a key in uence in matters of national and international interest.
Our various media platforms include: The Standard newspaper, KTN, KTN News, Radio Maisha, The Nairobian weekly newspaper, Think Outdoor (billboard advertising) and Standard Digital. As part of strengthening our operations and growing www.standardmedia.co.ke, Standard Digital is looking for smart, creative and ambitious individuals to join the team.
www.standardmedia.co.ke is East Africa’s #1 news platform with over 10 million readers monthly. We are looking for an individuals who will help us maintain the #1 position in the following capacities;
- Reporting to the Digital Content Manager, The Head of Desk-Editorial Video will be responsible for the following;
- Manage production multimedia videos for all Group digital products
- Chair editorial meetings and assign duties/stories to web journalists
- Work with print and broadcast newsrooms to generate unique content
- Checking all facts for accuracy and removing any ambiguities in consultation with reporters and editors
- Ensuring all claims are supported by evidence and that no content can trigger litigation, including any plagiarized content
- Editing content to remove all errors of grammar, ensure news clarity and appeal, without distorting meaning or removing any salient points
- Ensuring compliance with editorial journalistic code of ethics, and house style
- Advising reporters and editors on appropriate images to use in news stories
- Managing editorial video desk, ensuring team meets performance targets
Qualification & Skills
- Experience Required: At least 5 years’ experience in multimedia journalism, one of which must be in a management/ supervisory role.
- University Graduate in Communication, Media, Public Relations or a related eld from a recognized University.
- Must have certification in computer studies.
- Must have excellent communication, editorial and writing skills.
- Strong editorial skills; understanding of Media Law and Media Ethics
- Displays in-depth knowledge and understanding of video and social media platforms, their respective audiences and how each platform can be deployed in di erent scenarios.
- Must have strong analytical skills, social media savvy, innovative and creative
- Must be self-driven, assertive, punctual and organized
- Must be a team player, dynamic and able to work under demanding circumstances
- Keep abreast of evolving trends through continuing professional education in the area of digital platforms
How to Apply
If you possess the above qualifications and the drive to meet the challenge, visit our websitewww.standardmedia.co.ke/recruitment to browse through the current openings/vacancies and apply. This is on a one year contractual basis subject to review. Please note that ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The Standard Group is an equal opportunity employer and as such, canvassing of any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: