Standard Group Job Vacancies 2018 Digital Video Producer-News
The Standard Group Plc is a multi-media organization with investments in media platforms spanning newspaper print operations, television, radio broadcasting, digital and online services, as well as outdoor advertising. The Standard Group is recognized as a leading multi-media house in Kenya with a key in science in matters of national and international interest.
Our various media platforms include: The Standard newspaper, KTN, KTN News, Radio Maisha, The Nairobian weekly newspaper, Think Outdoor (billboard advertising) and Standard Digital. As part of strengthening our operations and growing www.standardmedia.co.ke, Standard Digital is looking for smart, creative and ambitious individuals to join the team.
www, .standardmedia.co.ke is East Africa’s #1 news platform with over 10 million readers monthly. We are looking for individuals who will help us maintain the #1 position in the following capacities;
Reporting to the Digital Content Manager, The Digital Video Producer-News will be responsible for the following;
- Cross-promote the company’s online & traditional products line
- Conceptualize and execute online video campaigns for various projects
- Ensure all social media for video platforms are updated regularly
- Advise supervisor on new trends in online tools, applications, channels, design & strategy
- Liaise with digital Heads of Desk to produce video content for their products
- Drive track to the Standard Digital’s video pages
Qualification and Skills
- Required Experience: Over 2 years’ experience working either as a journalist, marketer or a public relations o cer in a media house; one of which must be in online journalism.
- University Graduate in Communication, Media, Public Relations or a related eld from a recognized University. Must have certification in computer studies.
- Must have excellent communication, editorial and writing skills.
- Strong editorial skills; understanding of Media Law and Media Ethics
- Displays in-depth knowledge and understanding of video and social media platforms, their respective audiences and how each platform can be deployed in di event scenarios.
- Demonstrates winning Social Customer Service techniques. Possesses great ability to identify potential negative or crisis situation and apply con ict resolution principles to mitigate issues
- Must have strong analytical skills, social media savvy.
- Must be self-driven, assertive, punctual and organized
- Must be a team player, dynamic and able to work under demanding circumstances
- Keep abreast of evolving trends through continuing professional education in the area of digital platforms
How to Apply
If you possess the above qualifications and the drive to meet the challenge, visit our website www.standardmedia.co.ke/recruitment to browse through the current openings/vacancies and apply.
This is on a one year contractual basis subject to review.
Please note that ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Standard Group is an equal opportunity employer and as such, canvassing of any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: