Standard Chartered Bank Recruitment 2018 for Manager, Reporting, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Standard Chartered Bank Recruitment 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Standard Chartered Bank Recruitment 2018
Leading the way in International Banking. Standard Chartered is one of the world’s most dynamic and exciting international banks. Once you have joined the team, we offer many opportunities to expand and grow your career.
The successful applicant will contribute to the Finance function by;
- Preparation of timely and accurate returns for submissions to the Bank’s regulators;
- Preparation of accurate and timely information to support Group and statutory reporting;
- Carrying out analysis of financial information and highlight opportunities and risks for management action;
- Scanning the regulatory environment for regulatory changes and preparing an impact analysis that provides insights for decision making;
- Delivering annual report inputs and Board papers; and
- Providing support to ensure GFS delivers in accordance with the service level agreements on reporting.
Key roles and responsibilities
- Timely and accurate preparation and submission of Group reporting packs and regulatory returns;
- Carrying out analysis of regulatory information and highlight opportunities and risks for management action;
- Performing daily trial balance reviews and follow up of corrective actions for timely closure;
- Preparation of timely and accurate reconciliations to facilitate compliance with Finance policies;
- Performing detailed cost analysis and take follow up actions to ensure correct reporting on costs;
- Championing automation of reporting to eliminate production and focus efforts on analysis and value adding insights;
- Advising Senior Manager, Reporting and Financial Controller (FC) of emerging trends and themes from regulatory reporting;
- Play a key role in preparation of the annual report delivering on the assigned tasks accurately and within agreed timelines;
- Prepare board papers within agreed timelines;
- Play a key role in implementing Finance Transformation initiatives;
- Maintain the Department Operating Instructions (DOI) and service level agreements (SLAs) ensuring these are always up to date;
- Execute timely and accurate Key Controls Self Assessment (KCSA) and Operational Risk Framework (ORF) checks;
- Support both external and internal audits;
- Prepare board papers within agreed timelines clearly capturing key issues;
- Prepare Gap and impact analysis of new regulations and policies to drive required actions; and
- Maintenance of the regulatory reporting register.
Qualifications and experience
- Degree plus accounting qualification (CPA/ACCA or equivalent);
- Prior experience should demonstrate broad reporting experience of more than 3 years in the banking or financial services industry preferably in a complex, global organization;
- Controls and governance awareness and understanding;
- Proficiency in accounting systems;
- An eye for detail, strong analytical & organisational skills and a strategic thinker;
- Management and leadership skills in a dynamic and high expectation environment with an ability to work under pressure and deliver under tight deadlines;
- Good communication and excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse people;
- A team player and independent worker with ability to work with minimum supervision;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and busy environment, meeting tight deadlines with stretching targets; and
- Strong Microsoft Excel, SQL and PowerPoint knowledge.
How to Apply
Share this post with your Friends: