Standard Chartered Bank Job Vacancy 2018 for Senior Audit Manager, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Standard Chartered Bank job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Standard Chartered Bank Job Vacancy 2018
Standard Chartered – We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- To team lead and manage audits in the Country and Region.
- To Provide GIA’s view on significant risks within the country and an assessment as to whether these risks are being adequately managed and escalated if appropriate;
- To provide GIA internal stakeholders and assist the Country Head of Audit with:
- Country Audit Needs/ Risk Assessments to enable the Business & Governance audit teams to determine their detailed audit plans;
- An assessment on the appropriateness of the audit plans from a geographic perspective. Contribute to the development of the overall GIA audit plan and approach, based on the inherent risks/ knowledge on the country concerned;
- An anticipatory approach to risk assessment to GIA by highlighting issues through good stakeholder communication in order to improve audit planning;
- Risk Assessment
- Ensure early identification and escalation of risks, issues, trends and developments to relevant stakeholders. Be prepared to raise issues/concerns outside the normal audit process;
- Adopt an anticipatory approach to risk assessment through stakeholder communication and monitoring of external environment to improve audit planning;
- Monitor the implementation/delivery of the agreed audit plan for the country/region as assigned; understanding the key audit issues arising and escalating any significant audit findings that remain unresolved
- Review country MIS regularly; Avoid surprises.
- Audit Planning/Design- Assist the Country Head of Audit to develop an annual audit plan using input from the team and stakeholders to identify priorities and resource requirements for the year.
- Meet with other managers, business heads, CEO and Audit Committee members to discuss needs and propose audits, to build stakeholder requirements into department plans
- Audit activity – Country Audit, Rules Based Assurance & Control Effectiveness Reviews
- Oversee and provide quality control for the department’s audits, to ensure departmental mandate and business goals are met and that professional standards are maintained at all times.
- Ensure the timely execution of audit and assurance assignments to provide independent, objective assurance to the Audit Committee.
- Develop the team’s engagement with and support of major business change programmes thus ensuring that appropriate consideration of risk and control is given to all change.
Ensure GIA methodology is adhered to.Issue Resolution and follow up
- Ensure issues raised are appropriately resolved in a timely manner
- Ensure appropriate follow up of issues and escalations where appropriate.
- Reporting, Communication & Engagement
- Ensure final reports are issued with all action plans agreed and accepted by the audited individual/group.
- Delivery of Country/ Area MIS in respect of the activity undertaken;
- Conduct / attend regular stakeholder meetings – CEOs, business heads, function heads, governance heads;
- People Management & Development
- Demonstrate strong leadership and is able to effectively manage Audit teams;
- Manage and oversee team performance through performance planning, coaching and performance appraisals.
- Hold direct reports accountable for managing and developing their assignments to ensure the department’s goals are achieved and customers satisfied.
- Provide ongoing feedback to the team to ensure they develop the skills and competencies required for effective planning and individual professional and personal career growth. Ensure Country audit staff are appropriately skilled and trained to undertake Country Audit and Assurance activity
- Motivate and inspire the team by providing them with the information and tools they need to do their jobs well and meet customer expectations.
- Improving the Practice of Audits/Championing Risk Management
- Build relationships with leaders across the region/ Group to understand issues and identify areas for improvement for the organisation as a whole.
- Support and encourage team members to be proactive in identifying opportunities to share best practice to improve the control environment; make recommendations to Region/ Group.
- Provide assistance to the business in meeting regulatory requirements.
- Keep abreast of developments in Corporate Governance practices and advise the business accordingly.
Our Ideal Candidate should have the following;
- Bachelors degree in a relevant field e.g. B Com
- Professional qualifications ACCA/CPA/CISA/CIA
- At least 7 year experience in Audit of banks and financial institutions
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Standard Chartered Bank Kenya career website on scb.taleo.net to apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: