Standard Bank and Trust Co Job Recruitment 2018 for Internal Audit Manager
- The role provides support in ensuring the achievement of the Internal Audit function objectives which is to provide independent, objective assurance and consulting services that are designed to add value and improve the Bank’s operations.
- Assist the Bank and the Group in accomplishing its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to the evaluation and improvement of the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes.
- The Audit Manager will be charged with the responsibility of providing assurance to various stakeholders, that risks are effectively managed to an acceptable degree and the responsibility of providing professional input and support to audit teams and respective auditee’s on audit issues.
- Carry out audits, ensuring effective planning, execution, and reporting.
- Track audit issues with a view to assist management in ensuring that the agreed resolution action plans are implemented timeously to mitigate risks.
- Responsible for the implementation and adoption (within the Department or Section) of all Compliance, Anti-Money Laundering and Sanctions related requirements contained in policies, procedures and processes to the extent they relate to / are applicable to the department.
Key performance measures
- Leading and building a team of competent and engaged individuals with sufficient knowledge, skills, experience and professional certifications to meet the requirements of the function.
- Contribution to the successful achievement of Group Internal Audit strategic objectives.
- Design and implementation of a comprehensive, robust and fit for purpose audit approach and capability for the assignments on the plan.
- Efficiency and effectiveness – including leveraging other assurance providers to manage end-to-end assurance chain (embed combined assurance), and deployment of appropriate techniques, methods and approaches (such as data analytics) to enhance efficiency and effectiveness, etc.
- Reporting significant issues related to the risk management, control and governance processes of entities within the Group. This includes the reporting of emerging trends and the provision of potential improvements to those processes and information concerning the resolution of such issues.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- University degree preferably in Accounting, Economics or Finance
- Accounting qualification with a reputable body such as CIIA, CIMA, ACCA, CPA or CA.
- Minimum of 7 years of diversified experience in auditing including experience in a supervisory position.
- Relevant experience in a banking environment is essential.
- Effective leadership skills and experience in providing strategic and tactical direction and focus to a team of audit professionals.
- Relationships management: Establish relationships that facilitate effective engagement with senior levels of management and executives without compromising independence, objectivity and ethics in any way.
- Communicating the key issues with impact;
- High levels of energy and determination. The ability to work under stretched / demanding conditions and have flexibility to travel as required.
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: