St. Francis Community Hospital Job Vacancy 2019 for Nursing Officer (16 Posts), Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for St. Francis Community Hospital Job Vacancy 2019 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
St. Francis Community Hospital Job Vacancy 2019
St. Francis Community Hospital is in an exciting growth phase and has attained acknowledgment of its quality by undergoing ISO 9001:2015 certification process. As part of our growth, exciting vacancies have arisen and we invite suitably qualified to apply for the position of Nursing Officer.
Reporting to the Unit Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible in promoting and maintaining high standards of professional nursing care by providing quality services to meet the needs of patients and other cleints.
Other Responsibilities of a Nursing Officer
- Assessing patients using the Gordon functional health patterns.
- Managing patients by developing Nursing process/Nanda nursing care plan.
- Documentation of patients care using Health Management Information Systems ((HMIS) and Maintaining Health records.
- Use international Patient Safety goals (IPSG) to support and sustain quality of patient care.
- Adequately manage patients and resources using the balanced score card.
- Providing health education and counselling to patients/clients.
- Advise patients, next of kin, team members and other healthcare providers on internal and external referral appropriately.
- Efficient, effective and timely communication with patients, next of kin and other team players on patient care.
- Facilitating patients’ admission and initiating discharge plans.
- Ensuring family conferences are held as appropriate to brief relatives on patient progress.
- Ensuring a tidy and safe clinical environment.
- Ensuring that the privacy of the patients is respected and the result of the investigations and consultation are confidential.
- Order drugs and medical supplies as necessary for the day and night duty as per the doctor’s prescription.
- Follow Doctor Prescription and ensure that all the procedures/tests requested by the Doctor are done for the patient.
- Accompany the Doctor/Consultant during the Ward round and assist whenever there is a procedure to be done.
- Properly handover to the next colleagues in the nursing Station and take him/her round to physically see the patients.
- Notifying the Unit Manager in case of shortage, changes to be done and any problems in the ward.
- Always maintaining professionalism, honesty, truthfulness, adhere to nursing ethics and be committed when delivering services.
- Assisting in emergency nursing procedures necessary to promote control of changes in patient(s) physical conditions.
- Performing cardiopulmonary resuscitation accurately and effectively.
- Keeping abreast of changing techniques in critical accurate nursing and maintaining high level of professionalism.
- Ensuring economic use of equipment and supplies.
- Must be a holder of a Diploma in KRCHN from a recognized institution(BScN will be an added advantage)
- Must have Registration Certificate from Nursing Council of Kenya.
- Must have a valid practicing license.
- Must have strong commitment to care of patients and general customer service.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience.
- Be computer literate.
- Experience in theatre, NBU and ICU nursing will be an added advantage.
- Must have a Certificate in BLS.
- ACLS Certification will be an added advantage.
- Experience in Laparoscopy will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
Only qualified candidates are encouraged to email their applications with detailed curriculum vitae, names and contacts of three referees, current and expected salary to [email protected]on or before 25th February, 2019.
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: