St. Francis Community Hospital Job Vacancy 2018 for Resident Anesthesiologist, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for St. Francis Community Hospital Vacancy 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
St. Francis Community Hospital Vacancy 2018
St. Francis Community Hospital, a Level 5 Faith Based Hospital and one of the leading health care institutions in Kenya has excellent career opportunity for individuals who
possess a passion for excellence, strong work ethic, are results oriented and committed to continual improvement.
As part of our growth, exciting vacancies have arisen, and we invite suitably qualified talent to join this winning team in the Position of a Resident Anesthesiologist.
Overall Responsibility: Reporting to the Medical Superintendent, the successful candidate will be responsible for efficient delivery of anesthesiology services to patients, mentoring medical officers, junior doctors/Interns, Clinical Officer Anesthetist and overseeing with the care of critical patients in the ICU/HDU among others.
Resident Anesthesiologist Job Responsibilities
- Ensuring all anesthetic medical activities (pre-anesthesia evaluation, administration of anesthesia, recovery period, equipment, general organization, etc.) is done in accordance to protocols and universal hygiene standards.
- Ensuring quality of pre, during and post-operative care of patients is maintained by assisting the doctors in evaluating the risks of operating in collaboration with the surgeon, checking that patients authorize their operations in writing, providing them with appropriate information on their illness and treatments, and deciding on what type of anesthetics to be used before surgery.
- Ensuring that anesthesia checklist is followed before all operations as per protocol and guidelines (oxygen level, presence of emergency material, intubation equipment, etc.)
- Evaluating the risks of operating in collaboration with the Surgeon/Doctor.
- Carrying-out all anesthetic related activities during surgery in accordance to the procedures set before-hand (by the doctor (if any)), in order to ensure patient is adequately anaesthetized and safe during the process.
- Preparing beforehand the drugs, material, and equipment required.
- Administering and maintaining patients under anesthesia following the rules of hygiene and asepsis in place.
- Monitoring patients throughout the whole intervention.
- Supporting the medical officers/Doctors to prepare, circulate health-related reports and conduct CME’s.
- Performing effective management of the patient airway and fluid resuscitation.
- Addressing and resolving any anesthesia-related complications that may arise.
- Accurately and thoroughly chart pertinent patient information.
- Ensuring the safety of patients during consultations, surgical interventions and in the post-operative environment.
- Ensuring the maintenance of an accurate and adequate supply of medications and supplies.
- Performing other duties as assigned by the line manager.
Qualification for the Resident Anesthesiologist Job
- Applicants should have a Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBChB) or equivalent degree from a recognized University with a Postgraduate qualification (Master of Medicine) in Anesthesia
- Specialist recognition from the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board in Anesthesia
- Post-qualification experience in the specialty in a reputable institution of more than two years will also be an added advantage
- Certification in ACLS required; ATLS certification is an added advantage
- The ideal candidate should have effective communication and team building skills
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to send their application and CV on or before Monday, 25th August, 2018 to [email protected] quoting your salary expectation and the position applied for as the subject line.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: