Sports Kenya Job Vacancy 2019 for Accountant
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Sports Kenya Job Vacancy 2019 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Sports Kenya Job Vacancy 2019
Sports Kenya is a State Corporation established by the Sports Act, 2013 with the mandate to establish, manage, develop and maintain sports facilities, promote, coordinate and implement grassroots, national and international sports programs in Kenya among other functions.
The organization is seeking to recruit highly competent, proactive and self-driven persons to fill the following position;
An Officer at this level will be responsible to the Accountant I on all matters that relate to Finance and Accounts.
- Prepare and verify of vouchers in accordance with the laid down rules and regulations;
- Primary data entry and routine accounting work such as balancing of cashbooks, imprest and advances ledgers etc
- Primary data entry and routine accounting work such as balancing of cashbooks, imprest and advances ledgers etc.;
- Safe custody of records and assets under him/her;
- Prepare of final accounts and statements;
- Provide timely and proper bank reconciliation;
- Receive duly processed payments and receipt vouchers;
- Write cheques and post payments and receipt vouchers in the cash books;
- Carry out reconciliation and balance cash books on daily basis;
- Carry out withdrawal cash for office use and ensuring safety of the same at all times;
- Receipt of all money due and payable to the organization;
- Provide extract and cash liquidity analysis; and
- Any other duties that may from time to time be assigned.
- Be in possession of a pass in Part III of the Certified Public Accountants (CPA) Examination or it’s recognized equivalent qualifications.
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce (Accounting or Finance option), Business Administration (Accounting option) from a recognized Institution or any other relevant equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution.
- Be proficient in computer applications;
- Be a team player, with good analytical and interpersonal skills; and
- A person of good integrity committed to producing results.
How to Apply
Interest candidates should send their application letters enclosing a detailed CV, copies of academic and professional certificates and details of three referees. The candidates should quote job reference number on the envelop to reach the undersigned by the close of business on 15th July, 2019.
The Director General,
Note: Sports Kenya is an equal opportunity employer, women and persons with disability who meet the job specifications are encouraged to apply.
Canvassing both directly or indirectly will lead to automatic disqualification.
- EXPLORE MORE: