SPARD Africa Job Vacancy 2018 for Extension and Market Development Officer, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for SPARD Africa Job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
SPARD Africa Job Vacancy 2018
SPARD Africa Consulting is a leading consulting company in Africa, whose mission to provide efficient, professional and innovative development and consulting services. Our vision is to grow into a vibrant and competitive company providing development Solutions and consulting services across Africa.
Duties and responsibilities
SPARD Africa is scaling up its fodder enterprise with support from Kenya Feed the Future — Crops and Dairy Market Systems Development project (KCDMSD).
Under the leadership of Director of Programs, the Extension and Market Development Officer will be responsible for providing technical input and coordinating all functions related to production and marketing of fodder for SPARD Africa’s new scale up program in Makueni and Taita Taveta Counties.
- Establishment of Out-grower Model
- Development and implementation of an appropriate extension system.
- Fodder Market Development
- Partnerships and Collaboration
- Monitoring and Reporting
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in animal production or other related field, three (3) years’ experience in either dairy, fodder production and agribusiness OR a diploma in animal production or related field with more than 5 years of proven experience in provision of extension services in dairy and fodder production.
- Experience in setting robust and sustainable extension systems for small scale farmers
- Experience in formation of group savings and credit schemes
- Significant experience in facilitating market linkages and market development among smallholder farmers
Most Critical Proficiencies:
- Clear understanding of smallholder dairy and fodder production systems in the semi-arid context
- Demonstrated knowledge of the latest developments in advancing good/best practices in dairy and fodder productivity improvement that reaches women and youth and other vulnerable groups in the society.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Proficient knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, presentation tools
- Knowledge of and experience with developing private/public partnerships at the county level.
How to Apply
Submit a letter of application, CV including contacts of 3 referees by COB Wednesday 17th October 2018 via Email address below:
Email: [email protected]
- EXPLORE MORE:
- HOT: Latest MUSIC, VIDEOS, MOVIES & More