Solarcentury Job Vacancy 2018 for SCADA System Design Engineer, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Solarcentury Job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Solarcentury Job Vacancy 2018
Solarcentury is one of the most respected solar companies in the world. Founded in 1998, we have been around since the early days of the solar industry and have been part of the evolution that has made PV the attractive investment it is today. We have put solar on a greater variety of sites than any other company in the industry, and have won multiple awards for product innovation. With a pipeline over 3,5GW under development and with more than 800MW developed and connected in the solar industry,
We are looking for an expierienced SCADA system Design Engineer to sit in our Nairobi office, someone with experience and excellent knowledge of a broad range of SCADA systems, ideally with field support experience, day to day user ability of AutoCAD, day to day user ability with a a range communications tools to access remote equipment, test and diagnose issues with. Strong knowledge and experience with PV monitoring portals. In addition to good technical skills. This position will need excellent attention to detail and a willingness to dig into issues to understand root causes of issues.
Key activities and responsibilities:
- System and device identification and validation
- Excellent knowledge of devices, functions, requirements and limitations
- Ability to research new devices and identify options for application into projects
- Ability to test functionality of devices and advise on approach and suitability of devices to design teams
- Ability to devise tests and undertake tests to validate selected equipment or use of new functionality in existing equipment
- System Design
- Assist Design teams in the design of hardware and network configuration to gather required data from Plants
Key focus on African projects
- Control logic
- Work with Design teams, Applications Engineering and Storage team to devise Control logic and philosophy for Plants in advance of commissioning – key focus on African projects.
- Work with above teams during commissioning – key focus on African projects
- Work with above teams plus O+M during Operational life to adjust logic as appropriate in response to changing customer loads or needs n.b. this care package to be agreed in advance with clients as a paid service
- Document procedures and testing approaches for systems and devices to ensure information is available to all teams as required
- In life support
- Provide technical support to operational teams during operational phase i.e. support Project Management and O+M team colleagues SCADA and related technical issues resolution
- Degree qualified (or equivalent) in a relevant subject
- Minimum 1 year experience of SCADA system design and application
- Proven ability to use communication software and networking tools
- Networking –
- knowledge of networking terminology, interfaces, and protocols.
- Experience with software Nmap and other IP scanners
- Linux/Unix. Knowledge of Linux/Unix basic commands over console.
- Remote access using secure shell (SSH) and RDP.
- Protocols Modbus TCP/IP and RTU. knowledge of tools such as modpoll and modbus poll
- Basic knowledge about PLC. Genset and Hybrid Controllers and PV control such as Export limitation.
- understanding of electrical diagrams. Positive knowledge of CAD tools
- Knowledge about hardware, Serial to Ethernet Gateway, Switch, Analogue and DIO modules and Fiber converters.
- Experience of PV plant design and operation – both string and central inverter systems
- Experience in the solar PV industry in a technical, engineering or analysis role.
- Excellent time management and proven remote team working ability
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, technical, cross-functional team environment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Solarcentury career website on www.linkedin.com to apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: