So They Can (STC) Job Recruitment 2018 for Projects Accountant
So They Can (STC) Kenya is a chapter of STC International based in Australia.
As an NGO, STC is committed to empowering communities ¡n Africa to realize their full potential through the initiative of various projects.
We work in areas of education, child care, health, and micro—finance and social businesses.
We are currently recruiting for the position of Projects Accountant that requires immediate filling.
Reports to: Country Manager and STC Australia Chief Finance Officer (CFO)
Objective of the post: To establish and manage, the finance and administration functions in STC Kenya and develop capacity in the office to carry out these functions.
The job involves performing accounts and general administrative duties, working in close collaboration with department heads. Ensuring proper financial management, assisting in the preparation of annual budgets and strict adherence to finance and administrative policies. Ensuring proper asset management, including procurement, labeling and updating the asset registers.
Table of Contents
Responsibilities for the Projects Accountant Job
Perform on-going accounting tasks:
- Manage payments and ensure that they are paid on time, authorised by appropriate staff, and the financial process and procedures are followed.
- Correctly allocate expenditure and process transactions to the correct general ledger (GL) accounts in cashbook or MYOB
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations including bank reconciliations for review by your Manager)
- Produce accurate end of month, end of year accounts and other financial reports on time for approval by your Manager and CFO
- Maintain the fixed asset register, perform periodic physical counts of the assets, and review the state of the asset with your Manager
- Ensure STC’s assets and financial information are adequately safeguarded and confidentiality is maintained.
- Provide analysis and recommendations to improve efficiency, cost-effectiveness, and sustainability of the projects
Budgeting and Monitoring of Programme Expenditure:
- Under the direction of your manager and the CFO, drive the process to prepare the budget for the STC Kenya Projects.
- Communicate with key stakeholders to ensure accurate information is captured in the budget and management reports
- Closely monitor the bank account and the expenditure against the approved budget
- Regularly update your Manager and the CFO on any over-spends and under-spends
- Prepare monthly management reports (including monthly budgets vs actual reports with a detailed variance analysis) for review by your Manager and CFO
- Other duties as requested by your Manager and CFO
Government, Compliance and Statutory requirements:
- Prepare the annual statutory financial statements
- Liaise with KRA advisor on any tax related matters
- Be the key liaison for STC Kenya external audit process
- Create and maintain a record of all Kenyan regulatory requirements including insurance renewals, work permits, other licences and premises permits etc.
- Ensure all insurances, other licences and premises permits are current, complete and adequate for all aspects of the business and are renewed on time
- Ensure all statutory liabilities of STC Kenya for taxes and duties are paid on time
- Keep up-to-date with relevant accounting standards and regulations in Kenya
- Oversee and ensure all relevant government reporting requirements are adhered to and filed by deadline dates;
- Where required, work with management to prepare and maintain employment contracts for STC Kenya staff;
Work collaboratively with STC Kenya team and STC Australia:
- Quick and efficient in responding to emails and general communication
- Share knowledge and work as part of a team.
- Direct and supervise Accounts Assistant and any further staff added to the finance team in Kenya
- seeking someone with the passion and desire to be a part of a not for profit organisation working to benefit children and vulnerable communities within Kenya.
- Operationalise the STC Financial Manual and Policies
- Anything that may be required to support the financial operations and social businesses of STC Kenya
- Better performance will increase opportunities for career growth in organizational hierarchy.
Projects Accountant Job Qualification
The prospective candidate will possess a first degree in Commerce or Business Administration (Accounting). With at least 3 years’ experience preferably in the NGO sector. A relevant professional qualification (CPA K) is a must. The position holder must be computer literate and experienced in using MYOB accounting package.
How to Apply
If you feel you fit the required qualification and experience for the above position, kindly send your letter of interest and CV to: email@example.com. The closing date for application is Wednesday, 24th January, 2018. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: