SNV Netherlands Job Vacancies 2018 for Junior Project Administrator
SNV is a non-profit international development organization established in the Netherlands in 1965. For over 50 years, SNV has been at the forefront of development, helping to build local capacity and empower local families and communities to break the cycle of poverty. We are presently on the ground in 30 developing countries in Africa, Asia and Middle and South America and operate in Agriculture & Food Security, Renewable Energy and Water, Sanitation & Hygiene. Our 1,200+ advisors in the field come from a variety of cultural and technical backgrounds, and the vast majority are nationals of the countries where we work.
SNV has been engaged by various donors to reach millions of people by executing programmes in agriculture, renewable energy and WASH (Water, Sanitation and Hygiene). In Kenya, SNV is implementing several exciting projects in various counties in Kenya. The SNV country office is located in Nairobi but a lot of activities are implemented from field offices in Eldoret, Nanyuki, Kisumu, Homa Bay, Kericho and Kilifi.
Reporting to the country finance manager, under the guidance of senior project administrators, the junior project administrator will offer administrative and finance support to various project teams. He/she will collect and record (financial) data into various systems, all according to the donor- and SNV project policies. The work location is Nairobi with incidental travel to field offices.
- Offer project administrative support
- Prepare complete and accurate financial transactions on a daily basis into the financial systems(SAP By Design) as required and facilitate monthly closure. These would entail purchase orders, goods receipt, invoices, payments, bank reconciliation and others.
- Follow up on project related receipts and payments
- Prepare, register and monitor LCB and consultant contracts, reports and payments
- Organize, document and archive various relevant documentation, keep files complete and up to date and maintain quality and accessibility of archive and files, conform to administrative and filing procedures
- Maintain asset list at project level
- Support project audits.
- Bachelor degree in finance, business management or related field
- Professional accounting qualifications like CPA (K) or ACCA up to final level
- At least 3 years relevant working experience with an international organisation
- At least 3 years relevant working experience in projects
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of donor regulations and compliance issues related to management of donor funds
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Experience with SAP will be an advantage.
How to Apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: