SNV Netherlands Job Vacancies 2018 for Horticulture Business Case Development & Implementation Advisor
SNV is a non-profit international development organisation established in the Netherlands in 1965. For over 50 years, SNV has been at the forefront of development, helping to build local capacity and empower local families and communities to break the cycle of poverty. We are present on the ground in 30 developing countries in Africa, Asia, Middle East and South America and operate in Agriculture & Food Security, Renewable Energy, and Water, Sanitation & Hygiene. Our 1,200+ advisors in the field come from a variety of cultural and technical backgrounds, and the vast majority are nationals of the countries where we work.
HortIMPACT (2015-2019) is a programme financed by the Dutch Embassy in Kenya that builds on the lessons learnt and up-scales the experiences of the ‘Kenya Horticulture and Food Security Programme’. The programme closely cooperates with Dutch and Kenyan entrepreneurs and makes use of their advanced technologies, products and market linkages in so-called business cases: the focus of the programme is on small and medium-sized, entrepreneurial farmers. Simultaneously HortIMPACT addresses policy and market related, systemic issues at farm, industry and government level, supported by results from innovative and market-oriented business cases. HortIMPACT is addressing the following three critical issues in the Kenya horticulture sector:
Farmers’ inclusion in market-oriented supply chains,
Food safety and integrated crop protection, and
Food losses in supply chains.
- Take initiative in identification and development of new business cases and take lead in coordination and implementation of assigned hortIMPACT business cases: business planning, coordination, monitoring and reporting.
- Build capacities of and promote and manage linkages between business case companies, farmers, producer organisations, technical and financial service providers, etc.
- Ensure market-driven business viability, sustainability and coordination and advise, facilitate and backstop where required.
- Ensure the three themes of reduction in food losses, food safety and inclusion are strongly embedded and addressed in the BCs, including balancing benefits (gender equity and the inclusion of youth).
- Liaise, coordinate and garner support from stakeholders (central or local government, other projects, etc) and extend the network of the programme in the sector
- Contribute to analysis, knowledge and solution development around the three hortIMPACTthemes and beyond.
- Contribute to the other hortIMPACT business cases where required and to up-scaling activities of hort-IMPACT.
- Manage and control the quality of service providers.
- Contribute to hortIMPACT’s Management for Results Framework and system, working closely with the M&E support officer to undertake monitoring and evaluation of all business cases and other assigned activities.
- Responsible for the preparation of activity reports and contributing to SNV knowledge-development agenda.
- Work with team members to organise the hort-IMPACT conference and stakeholder forums.
- At least a Bachelors’ Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Agriculture or related field
- Over 3 years of relevant work experience in fields relevant and related to this scope of work.
- Proven experience in agricultural market system development, private sector engagement, and business management.
- Experience in linking farmers to markets; financial and other service providers.
- Proven networking skills in the sector and ability to maintain relationships with other programs, national & county governments, stakeholders and international agencies.
- Management, leadership, and interpersonal skills required.
- Result oriented and problem-solving capacity
- Prepared to travel widely and undertake substantial fieldwork.
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills and capacity to facilitate dialogue across multiple sectors.
- Experience in the reduction of food losses, food safety, working with producers, sector organizations and private sector and gender mainstreaming will be an advantage.
The position is offered based on a National contract for a term of 1 year with possible extension.
Working at SNV
How to Apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: