SHOFCO Recruitment 2018 for Adult Literacy Facilitator NGO, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for SHOFCO Recruitment 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
SHOFCO Recruitment 2018
To be responsible for designing, developing, and implementing adult literacy program that integrates the entrepreneurship aspect to increase credit access and strengthen already existing employment opportunities in the slum.
Key Responsibilities for the Adult Literacy Facilitator Job
- Work with Education Director to develop/adapt a comprehensive tailor made adult education curriculum to suit the needs the adult learners.
- Prepare schemes of work and lesson plans to be used in the curriculum implementation process.
- Integrate competencies, goals, and objectives into lesson plans and incorporate specific, measurable, behavioral objectives and timeframes.
- Assist in designing a system to monitor and evaluate students’ attendance and performance.
- Submit weekly, monthly, quarterly, or yearly reports.
- Provide students with suggestions and feedback.
- Assist in the recruitment of participants, including participating in community outreach programs.
- Work with other program coordinators to integrate program with others.
- Ensure the creation and maintenance of a safe, orderly classroom environment.
- Work with M&E for measurement of achievements attainment of program’s desired outcomes.
- Design training manual and a long term plan for the program.
- Review existing literacy curricula, learning materials and training methodologies and modify/adapt to suit the specific contexts and conditions.
- Develop and review literacy curricular, new life skills curricula, learning materials and training methodologies.
- Collaborate with the Kenya Adult Learners’ Association (KALA) to develop SHOFCO’s own Adult Literacy curriculum.
- Development of quantitative and qualitative data collections to ensure monitoring and evaluation.
Adult Literacy Facilitator Job Qualifications
- P1 Certificate or Diploma in Adult education and Community Development or related field
Other requirements (unique/job specific)
- At least 2 years of experience teaching Adult education
- Knowledge of standard office administrative practices and procedures
- Articulating information
- Making decisions
- Producing output
- Providing insight
Behavioural Competencies / Attributes:
- Embracing change
- Team working
- Taking action
- Inviting feedback
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send their applications together with a detailed CV to the HR Manager [email protected] quoting their current and expected salaries.
Applications without this information will not be considered.
DO NOT ATTACH TESTIMONIALS at this point.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications should reach us no later than 22nd June 2018.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: