SHOFCO Job Vacancy For Ghetto Mirror Coordinator NGO, Application Details
To be responsible for managing the day to day operations of the Ghetto Mirror publication and providing necessary support for the staff and writers; with the overarching goal of supporting the realization of SHOFCO’s vision and strategic goals.
Table of Contents
Ghetto Mirror Coordinator Job Responsibilities
- Prepare an Editorial Policy tailored to The Ghetto Mirror.
- Edit drafts of articles to ensure accuracy of information; grammatical accuracy and logical flow.
- Ensure articles adhere to copyright standards or do not go against SHOFCO’s mission and policies.
- Proofread and double check final copy of publication before printing.
- Work hand in hand with the Marketing Officer and the Graphic Designer to support, mentor and assist the writers in journalism skills.
- Work with staff and writers in assigning topics, events and stories to individual writers or reporters for coverage and ensure strict deadlines are met.
- Implement plan to make The Ghetto Mirror become financially independent.
- Prepare material for and administer weekly mentorship meetings.
- Develop linkages with professional journalists that would be willing to train/mentor writers.
- Recruit new writers from other areas and work closely with different writers.
- Develop activities and programs to keep writers motivated and increase quality of writing.
- Maintain the social media platform and guide writers to collect materials to continuously keep social media updated.
- Look for writers’ capacity gaps and coordinate with management to bridge those gaps.
- Prepare work plan, action plan and budget for the publication.
Qualifications for the Ghetto Mirror Coordinator Job
- Diploma in Journalism or any other related field
- Qualification in Marketing, PR, Communication is desirable
- At least 3 years’ experience in editing newspapers or other publications
- Experience working with youth
- Extensive social media knowledge
- Articulating information
- Checking things
- Adopting practical approaches
- Managing tasks
- Convincing people
- Thinking positively
- Embracing change
- Upholding standards
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send their applications together with a detailed CV to the HR Manager,[email protected] quoting their current and expected salaries. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications should reach us no later than 8th January 2018.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: