Shining Hope Job Vacancy For Teacher of Music, Application Details
To be responsible for creating a flexible elementary grade program and a class environment favourable to learning and personal growth; this is aimed at ultimately developing a generation of strong, ethical, community centred female leaders of tomorrow.
Key Responsibilities and Job Dimensions
- Teach both theory and practical music to students.
- Develop lesson plans and instructional materials.
- Provide individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student.
- Create and use variety of instruction strategies,
- Translate lesson plans into learning experiences.
- Establish and maintain standards of student behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
- Evaluate students’ academic and social growth.
- Prepare progress reports and keep records.
- Communicate with parents on students’ progress.
- Interpret the school program.
- Coordinate with other professional staff members in assessing and helping students solve health, attitude, and learning problems.
- Create an effective environment for learning.
- Select and requisition books and instructional aids.
- Maintain required inventory records.
- Supervise students in and out-of-classroom activities during the school day.
- Administer group standardized tests in accordance with school and national testing program.
- Participate in curriculum development programs as required.
- Participate in faculty committees and the sponsorship of student activities.
Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes / Skills).
- Bachelor Degree or Diploma in Education with music Major or P1 with strong music teaching experience
- Any music professional experience e.g ABRSM
Other requirements (unique/job specific)
- At least three years of music teaching experience
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and flexibly with a diverse team of teachers
- Should have composed and presented music items up to National level
- Articulating information
- Adopting practical approaches
- Providing insights
- Taking action
Behavioural Competencies / Attributes:
- Establishing rapport
- Valuing individuals
- Inviting feedback
- Understanding people
How to Apply
Email your CV to [email protected] by 2nd January 2018 C.O.B
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: