Shining Hope For Communities Job Vacancy For SHOFCO Music Teacher, Application Details
Grade: 2.3 Section:
Essential Services Department: Girls Learning & Education
Location / Work station: Mathare
Working Hours: Monday – Friday | 7.30 AM – 4.30PM
To be responsible for creating a flexible elementary grade program and a class environment favourable to learning and personal growth; this is aimed at ultimately developing a generation of strong, ethical, community centred female leaders of tomorrow.
Music Teacher Job Responsibilities
- Teach both theory and practical music to students.
- Develop lesson plans and instructional materials.
- Provide individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student.
- Create and use variety of instruction strategies,
- Translate lesson plans into learning experiences.
- Establish and maintain standards of student behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
- Evaluate students’ academic and social growth.
- Prepare progress reports and keep records.
- Communicate with parents on students’ progress.
- Interpret the school program.
- Coordinate with other professional staff members in assessing and helping students solve health, attitude, and learning problems.
- Create an effective environment for learning.
- Select and requisition books and instructional aids.
- Maintain required inventory records.
- Supervise students in and out-of-classroom activities during the school day.
- Administer group standardized tests in accordance with school and national testing program.
- Participate in curriculum development programs as required.
- Participate in faculty committees and the sponsorship of student activities.
Qualifications for the Music Teacher Job
- Bachelor Degree or Diploma in Education with music Major or P1 with strong music teaching experience
- Any music professional experience e.g ABRSM Other requirements (unique/job specific)
- At least three years of music teaching experience
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and flexibly with a diverse team of teachers
- Should have composed and presented music items up to National level
- Articulating information
- Adopting practical approaches
- Providing insights
- Taking action
- Establishing rapport
- Valuing individuals
- Inviting feedback
- Understanding people
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send their applications together with a detailed CV to the HR Manager,[email protected] quoting their current and expected salaries by 2nd January 2018 C.O.B Applications without this information will not be considered. DO NOT ATTACH TESTIMONIALS at this point. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted on a rolling basis.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: