Shining Hope For Communities Job Vacancy For Reliever Teacher, Application Details
Section: Essential Services
Department: Girls Leadership & Education
Location / Work station: Kibera/Mathare
Working Hours: Monday – Friday | 7.30 AM – 4.30PM
To be responsible for creating a flexible elementary grade program and a class environment favourable to learning and personal growth; this is aimed at ultimately developing strong, ethical, community centred female leaders of tomorrow.
Reliever Teacher Job Responsibilities
- Teach: reading, language arts, social studies, mathematics, science, art, health, physical education, and music to students between grade 2 and 5.
- Develop lesson plans and instructional materials.
- Provide individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student.
- Create and use variety of instruction strategies,
- Translate lesson plans into learning experiences.
- Establish and maintain standards of student behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
- Evaluate students’ academic and social growth.
- Prepare progress reports and keep records.
- Communicate with parents on students’ progress.
- Interpret the school program.
- Coordinate with other professional staff members in assessing and helping students solve health, attitude, and learning problems.
- Create an effective environment for learning.
- Select and requisition books and instructional aids.
- Maintain required inventory records.
- Supervise students in out-of-classroom activities during the school day.
- Administer group standardized tests in accordance with school and national testing program.
- Participate in curriculum development programs as required.
- Participate in faculty committees and the sponsorship of student activities.
Qualifications for the Reliever Teacher Job
- Bachelor Degree in Education/Diploma/P1 Qualifications
- Must be registered with Teachers Service Commision
- This is an Entry level position but those with ability to teach arts/music and movement will have an added advantage
- Articulating information
- Adopting practical approaches
- Providing insights
- Taking action
- Establishing rapport
- Valuing individuals
- Inviting feedback
- Understanding people
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send their applications together with a detailed CV to the HR Manager,[email protected] quoting their current and expected salaries. Applications without this information will not be considered. DO NOT ATTACH TESTIMONIALS at this point. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted on a rolling basis. Applications should reach us no later than 2nd January 2018 C.O.B.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: