Self Help Africa Job Recruitment 2018 For Portfolio Managers (2 Posts), Application Details
Self Help Africa is seeking an energetic and dynamic team to oversee the implementation of an ambitious new agribusiness development project implemented in partnership with and Imani Development Limited in Kenya.
Kenyan Initiative for Long-term Integration of Market Operators in Value Chains (KILIMO – VC)
KILIMO-VC is a EUR 24m five-year agribusiness support programme that is part of the European Union’s Kenya-AgriFI programme that supports productive, adapted and market integrated smallholder agriculture, including a contribution to the Africa Investment Facility.
The overall objective of the KILIMO-VC programme is to improve the capacity of 100,000 smallholder farmers/pastoralists to practise environmentally sustainable and climate-smart agriculture as a business in inclusive value chains.
Self Help Africa (SHA) and Imani Development are the fund managers for the programme which aims to deliver:
- 10,000 net equivalent jobs within sustainable agri-enterprises
- A 70% increase in smallholder/ pastoralist production marketed
- At least 20,000 hectares under climate-smart land management practices.
- Increased turnover for at least 50 agri-enterprises
- Increased incomes for at least 100,000 smallholders/ pastoralists as agri-enterprises expand in their markets
- 90,000 households with increased dietary diversity and decision-making power of female farmers
Self Help Africa is an international NGO dedicated to the vision of an economically thriving and resilient rural Africa.
We have 50 years of experience working with smallholder farmers, farmer associations, cooperatives and agribusinesses across Africa to help farmers grow and sell more food, improve diets, diversify incomes and make their livelihoods more sustainable and resilient to external shocks.
The Portfolio Managers are responsible for providing technical assistance and coaching to a portfolio of selected applicants under the KILIMO-VC Programme.
These value chain partnerships will cover a mix of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME’s) including cooperatives.
Reporting to the Programme Manager, the Portfolio Managers will provide technical assistance in the preparation of business plans, marketing and business development strategies and monitoring implementation.
This position requires a highly committed and results-orientated person with excellent organisational and communication skills, as well as enthusiasm and initiative.
- At least five years’ experience in the implementation of agri-business/enterprise development projects with mentoring and support of Lead Firms/MSMEs within value chains or related projects, at a mid/senior level.
- Strong project management skills with an in-depth understanding of business decision-making in competitive market environments; inclusive subsector development and value chain/Market Systems Development.
- Strong analytical skills for appraising business case reports and audited financials with an understanding of performance contracting, follow-up, and execution.
- Bachelor’s degree in agribusiness, management, or economics required.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: