Search for Common Ground Job Vacancy for Project Officer, Application Details
We are over 600 strong worldwide. We believe in our mission to end violent conflict.
It’s our purpose- our call to action.
A Searcher Differences stimulate social progress, rather than precipitate violence
Respect for and cooperation with those we disagree with is considered the norm
With headquarters in Washington, DC and Brussels, Belgium, we implement projects from 55 offices in 34 countries, including in Africa, Asia, Europe, the Middle East, and the United States. You will be joining other highly motivated Searchers with a good team spirit and through commitment and dedication, have opportunities to grow.
We are searching for…
SFCG in Kenya is currently implementing programming with the goal to build increased trust and collaboration between key community stakeholders in coastal Kenya. SFCG is currently seeking to recruit a Project Officer
The roles and responsibilities include:
- To operate vehicles and equipment safely and responsibly, and obey Kenyan traffic laws;
- Develop and maintain updated work plans project activities, and oversee the effective implementations of planned activities to the highest results and in a timely manner.
- Ensure progress on all activities, including research activities, liaising with key local stakeholders, project partners and possible external consultants.
- Conduct regular field visits, attending different project activities to ensure their quality, and communicating with the key local stakeholders to create/maintain trust and engagement.
- Assist with the management of sub-grantees, helping them to keep updated work plans and ensuring a smooth implementation and monitoring of their deliverables, as well as timely and quality reporting.
- Prepare activity reports as well as quarterly narrative reports for donors, in compliance with SFCG and donor requirements and in collaboration with SFCG’s regional team and HQ.
- Oversee the monitoring and evaluation aspects of the projects, working with the DME Officer in Kenya, the Regional DME Specialist and local partners to ensure that M&E frameworks are in place and implemented to document progresses towards the project’s (un-)intended results.
- Prepare detailed activity budgets and support the Finance Officer in the preparation of monthly budget requests for activities, in compliance of SFCG’s administrative and financial policies and procedures.
- Support the identification and preparation of contract agreements with consultants, experts or any contractors as needed for the projects.
- Support the administrative and logistical arrangements for the implementation of program activities.
- Assist with communication and visibility aspects of the Kenya program, through written material, photos, success stories, updated web site, social media and traditional media.
- Assist the Project Director and project team with other tasks as needed.
As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key duties.
- Bachelor’s degree in international development, conflict resolution, project management or related field.
- At least five (5) years of INGO or CSO experience in project implementation or management in Kenya. Experience working in Coastal Kenya is an asset
- Experience working with partners.
- Strong and proven ability in report writing.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, as well as social media platforms.
- Knowledge and previous experience in design, monitoring and evaluation (DME).
- Excellent interpersonal skills and effective communication with a variety of stakeholders.
- Ability to maintain professionalism, creativity, and enthusiasm while working in a fast-paced, multi-cultural environment with minimal supervision.
- Cultural sensitivity and strong interest in dialogue, peacebuilding and conflict transformation.
- Written and oral proficiency in English and Swahili. Proficiency in Arabic is an asset.
- Willingness to travel to remote areas.
Please note that:
- Kenyan nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
- This position is available immediately.
Duration: 24-month contract with possibility of renewal.
How to Apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
- HOT: How to Start a Blog and Make Money Online in Kenya in 2019 (Exclusive Guide)