Search for Common Ground Job Vacancy For Project Driver and Security Assistant, Application Details
We are over 600 strong worldwide. We believe in our mission to end violent conflict.
It’s our purpose- our call to action.
A Searcher Differences stimulate social progress, rather than precipitate violence
Respect for and cooperation with those we disagree with is considered the norm
With headquarters in Washington, DC and Brussels, Belgium, we implement projects from 55 offices in 34 countries, including in Africa, Asia, Europe, the Middle East, and the United States. You will be joining other highly motivated Searchers with a good team spirit and through commitment and dedication, have opportunities to grow.
We are searching for…
SFCG in Kenya is currently implementing programming with the goal to build increased trust and collaboration between key community stakeholders in coastal Kenya. SFCG is currently seeking to recruit a Project Driver and Security Assistant Your contribution
The roles and responsibilities include:
- To operate vehicles and equipment safely and responsibly, and obey Kenyan traffic laws;
- To ensure that all passengers in the vehicle use seat belts, and that no people or animals are transported in the loading area where there are no seats or seatbelts;
- To maintain the office vehicle log book and submit it on a weekly basis to the Finance Officer;
- To oversee fuel and vehicle maintenance needs and submit related receipts to the Finance Officer;
- To deliver and collect relevant items as per the needs of the project team, while ensuring all accurate documentation on the content of the items, who requested the transport of the items, who received the items, and obtaining appropriate signatures, using a dispatch book or other documentation of receipt;
- To keep the office vehicle free from damage, in best possible condition, as well as clean both inside and outside. The field driver must ensure that the vehicle is in proper and safe condition prior to use, and report any damage or mechanical malfunctions in due time prior to use;
- To manage the logistics of various items while in transport, including loading and unloading, ensuring that the cargo is properly secured to avoid damage;
- To maintain an excellent driving record, meaning that a valid Kenyan license must be presented at the time of employment, and no more than two violations can exist on an employee’s driving record at any given time. Furthermore, the driver must always drive at a reduced speed through villages and residential areas, and avoid any driving behavior which might be associated negatively with SFCG;
- To show respect and professionalism when entering the office, the homes, and properties of SFCG personnel without supervision;
- To perform tasks without direct supervision that may require physical labor, and possibly the use of hand tools, such as the change of tires on the office vehicle when necessary, including in inclement weather conditions;
- To conduct regular assessments of security incidents in the project target areas, and update the Project Director on a weekly basis or more, to ensure that the transport of project staff and/or partners to project locations presents the least risks as possible.
- Assist the Project Director in ensuing that security related assets and supplies are in-place, inventoried, functional and in good state.
As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key duties.
- At least three (3) years of relevant experience in driving.
- A valid Kenyan driving license with no more than two violations.
- Previous experience working with an INGO is considered an asset.
- Previous experience on a job that requires security analysis is an asset.
- Dynamic, motivated, and flexible with cultural sensitivity.
- Willingness to travel to remote areas.
Please note that:
- Kenyan nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
- This position is available immediately.
Duration: 24 month contract with possibility of renewal.
How to Apply
Share this post with your Friends: