Search for Common Ground Job Vacancy for Project Assistant, Application Details
We are over 600 strong worldwide. We believe in our mission to end violent conflict.
It’s our purpose- our call to action.
A Searcher Differences stimulate social progress, rather than precipitate violence
Respect for and cooperation with those we disagree with is considered the norm
With headquarters in Washington, DC and Brussels, Belgium, we implement projects from 55 offices in 34 countries, including in Africa, Asia, Europe, the Middle East, and the United States. You will be joining other highly motivated Searchers with a good team spirit and through commitment and dedication, have opportunities to grow.
We are searching for…
SFCG in Kenya is currently implementing programming with the goal to build increased trust and collaboration between key community stakeholders in coastal Kenya. SFCG is currently seeking to recruit a Project Assistant
The roles and responsibilities include:
- Assist with project management tasks, including the development and implementation of work plans.
- Assist in ensuring progress on all activities, liaising with key local stakeholders and project partners in Kenya and taking the lead on the implementation of certain activities, as per the work plans established with the Project Officer.
- Assist with the management of sub-grantees, helping them to keep updated work plans and ensuring a smooth implementation and monitoring of their deliverables, as well as timely and quality reporting.
- Prepare activity reports for the projects, and assist in the preparation of quarterly narrative reporting for donors, in compliance with SFCG and donor requirements.
- Collaborate with SFCG’s Design, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer in Kenya to collect accurate and useful data that inform programming.
- Participate in reflection meetings with program and DME staff to analyze monitoring findings and contextual updates, andadapt programmatic approaches to maximize project’s results.
- Assist in drafting contract agreements with consultants, experts or any contractors as needed for the projects.
- Support the administrative and logistical arrangements for the implementation of program activities.
- Assist with communication and visibility aspects of the Kenya program, through written material, photos, success stories, updated web site, social media and traditional media.
- Assist the Project Officer with other tasks as needed.
As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key duties.
- Bachelor’s degree in international development, conflict resolution, project management or related field.
- At least three (3) years of INGO or CSO experience in project implementation or management in Kenya. Experience working in Coastal Kenya is an asset.
- Experience working with partners.
- Strong and proven ability in report writing.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, as well as social media platforms.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and effective communication with a variety of stakeholders.
- Ability to maintain professionalism, creativity, and enthusiasm while working in a fast-paced, multi-cultural environment with minimal supervision.
- Cultural sensitivity and strong interest in dialogue, peacebuilding and conflict transformation.
- Written and oral proficiency in English and Swahili. Proficiency in Arabic is an asset.
- Willingness to travel to remote areas.
Please note that:
- Kenyan nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
- This position is available immediately.
Duration: 24-month contract with possibility of renewal.
How to Apply
Share this post with your Friends: