SBM Bank Job Vacancy 2018 for Legal Counsel, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for SBM Bank Job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
SBM Bank Job Vacancy 2018
Reporting to the Head of Legal & Corporate Affairs, the Legal Counsel will be called upon to provide professional and timely assistance to concerned stakeholders. The Legal Counsel will also be responsible to manage litigation in view of safeguarding the interest and reputation of the Bank.
Legal Counsel Job Responsibilities:
- Reviewing and drafting commercial, lending, security and trade finance documentation
- Acting as the main point of contact to the Corporate domestic and offshore lending departments and providing timely and commercially focused legal advice on large and syndicated lending
- Vetting and drafting of all commercial and supplier agreements and providing commercially focused advice to the sourcing and procurement functions
- Supporting Head of Legal and Corporate Affairs in providing accurate, decisive and timely legal advice to Business Units
- Managing external legal panel and litigation in a timely manner and advising the bank on all claims
- Reviewing processes and policies to ensure they are in line with legal and regulatory requirements
- Engaging with senior stakeholders within the Bank and managing priorities
- Drafting and vetting of legal and contractual documentation and ensuring their technical correctness
- Identifying, mitigating and escalating legal risk within a formal reporting framework
- Assisting Head of Legal and Corporate Affairs in reviewing new regulatory requirements, drafting Bills and regulations
- Ensuring that financial and business requirements are correctly incorporated in documents
- Proactively identifying legal risk in different business units and working with function heads to mitigate risk
Qualifications for the Legal Counsel Job
- Qualified barrister with 7 years’ PQE (Post Qualification Experience) with at least 5 years’ experience working in a bank/financial institution or in a commercial law firm/chambers
- Excellent drafting and communication skills
- Commercially focused and able to drive the business units forward
- Significant experience in dealing with major and/or syndicated lending/transactions
- Excellent knowledge of banking products
- Ability to deal with and effectively manage senior stakeholders confidently
SBM is a leading financial services group in Mauritius, and is also present in India, Madagascar and Kenya. The Group has a customer base of more than 500,000, providing adapted financial solutions and supported by multi-channel capabilities. The strategy of the Group revolves around modernisation and diversification of its offering, expansion of its markets, and enhancement of capabilities, prominently regarding human capital.
Our employees – currently around 1,800 – are at the heart of our growth strategy. In our quest to be the employer of choice and a reference, we are laying increasing emphasis on developing and nurturing our talent pool. SBM aims to become a reference for creating talent for the world of tomorrow.
How to Apply
Open your door to success by joining us in the following challenging position:
If you believe in taking new challenges with the right mindset, please refer to our website for full details and complete our online application form on www.sbmgroup.mu/vacancies by Monday, 8th October 2018.
We thank you for your interest and invite you to grow with us.
All applications will be dealt with in strict confidence.
Please favour online application.
The Group reserves the right to call only the best candidates for interview and not to fill this position following this advertisement.
SBM is an equal opportunity employer.
One step in the right direction and a giant leap for your career.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: