Savvy Riders Job Vacancy 2018 for Grants Writer
This position will provide high level grant and budget management for the Savvy Riders. S/he is responsible for fund development activities for the Company. These activities include grant writing, supporting project development;
Specifically, s/he is responsible for writing proposals in conjunction with Operations Manager.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Support the Company to develop, roll out and maintain program tracking tools to ensure all sector indicators report monthly progress, and identify and share gaps with other managers.
- Monitor grant-specific spending by budget holder
- Conducting the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to foundation and corporate sources based on programme development plans.
- Perform prospect research with operations manager on foundations and corporations to evaluate prospects for corporate and foundation grants.
- Work with Operations Manager to gather information necessary to report to corporate/foundation funders on current grant programmes.
- Support grant reporting as required by foundation/corporate investors.
- Understanding of organizational structure, functions and needs.
- Understanding of Company’s history and projects.
- Track statistics relevant to development and provide department with written materials necessary for investor stewardship.
- Assist with other fundraising projects as requested.
Knowledge and Experience
- Knowledge of the grant application process for major multilateral and bilateral investors (mandatory)
- Strong written communication skills; ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals (mandatory).
- Strong editing skills & attention to detail.
- Knowledge of fundraising techniques and strategies (mandatory).
- Knowledge and familiarity with research techniques for fundraising prospect research (mandatory).
- Knowledge of fundraising information sources (e.g. grants database).
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to incorporate accurate and pertinent information in the proposal or application.
- Strong contributor in team environments. Must be able to work and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Minimum of three years’ experience with grant writing (mandatory).
- Experience working in deadline-driven environments.
- Able to work well in a team environment, handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
- Able to monitor and meet income goals.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, send your CV to [email protected] quoting the position in the subject line Grants Writer.
- EXPLORE MORE:
- HOT: Latest MUSIC, VIDEOS, MOVIES & More