Savings & Credit Co‐operative Society Job Vacancy For General Manager, Application Details
Our client is a newly formed Savings & Credit Co‐operative Society (SACCO) offering a wide range of financial services and investment products. They are seeking to recruit a highly competent and seasoned individual, with solid financial as well as SACCO leadership credentials who will be responsible for overall management of the SACCO.
The most suitable candidate should demonstrate a leadership style that is firm and goal oriented, and yet motivates trains and engages others in an enthusiastic manner.
Reporting to the SACCO Board, he/she will be responsible for the development of the SACCO membership and other variables, effective management of day‐to‐day operations of the SACCO. S/he will be responsible for coordination and management of the Sacco activities and staff, ensuring member contributions received through different transactions are assigned to their accounts timely and accurately, effective accountability systems are implemented, members’ issues and queries are handled timely.
Being a developing institution, the General Manager will be expected to ensure growth of membership and investments and the development and implementation of sound internal control systems for the SACCO. He is expected to develop and implement sound policies and guidelines for the operations and management of activities of the SACCO.
Table of Contents
General Manager Job Responsibilities
- Manage, develop and maintain a high performance team by providing good leadership and effective supervision and guidance of staff members under his/her charge.
- Provide effective leadership to the institution and operations of the SACCO
- Responsible for management of costs so as to achieve business growth as outlined in the strategic plan
- Develop and implement sound SACCO management systems for operations and management
- Develop, review and implement policies and guidelines for the management of the SACCO
- Cause to be kept proper documentation, procedures and registers in accordance with internationally accepted standards and principles.
- Prepare and analyze on a regular basis the Sacco’s business plans, budgetary estimates and provide explanations on variances.
- Handling member’s queries and issues, timely and effectively
- Responsible for financial planning and budgeting for the Sacco, ensuring proper planning and forecasting of Sacco operations
- Reporting, both to the Board and to statutory authorities. Responsible for supporting decision making through preparation, analysis and presentation of comprehensive, timely, reliable and compliant financial reports
- Represent the society in various transactions and activities as authorized by the Board
- Secretary to the Board ‐ organize Board meetings, custodian of Board meeting minutes and follow up on agreed action plans.
- Investment planning and execution
- Develops and executes a marketing and advocacy plan
- Develops and implements a capacity building plan for members and employees
Skills and competencies
- Highly innovative with great initiative
- Strong Leadership Skills and team player
- High integrity, honesty and ethical behavior
- Excellent sales and marketing skills.
- Strong communication and Negotiation skills.
- Good interpersonal and relational skills.
- Effective Planning and organizational skills.
- Excellent analytical skills with good presentation skills.
- Effective Listening and questioning skills
- Exceptional Complaints handling skills.
- Good networking, relationship building and maintenance skills.
Qualifications for the General Manager Job
- Business degree from a recognized University. A master’s degree in business related studies from a recognized
- University will be an added advantage.
- 7 years’ of experience in the financial sector with at least 3 years are in a senior leadership role in a SACCO
- A professional qualification in either accounting, finance or credit management
- Other qualifications in SACCO operations, Diploma in Co‐operative Management, Business Management,
- Microfinance, Marketing, Entrepreneurship or any other relevant field would be an added advantage.
- Excellent ICT skills with practical working experience with SACCO software
How to Apply
Qualified and interested candidates to send their CVs stating their skills, qualifications and experience to[email protected] Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: