Save the Children Recruitment 2018 for Data Analyst, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Save the Children Recruitment 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
Save the Children Recruitment 2018
Contract Duration: 2 Years
Location: Nairobi with 20% travel
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfill their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We’re changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
Data Analyst Job Responsibilities
- Owning the Finance data in the data warehouse and being accountable for its’ integrity;
- Delivering regular reporting to business users;
- Creating new fit for purpose tools & templates;
- Taking ownership of the delivery of management reporting (SCI management, Members, Board);
- Designing and automating reports; and
- Reporting on organisational performance through standard analytical reports
Qualifications for the Data Analyst Job
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Management, Business Information Systems or Mathematics.
- Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE) or related certificate would be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of data analysis tools – you don’t need to know all of them at entry level but you should show advanced skills in Excel and the use of at least one relational database
- VBA and SQL Server
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills
- The capacity to develop and document procedures and workflows
- Ability to manipulate a lot of different data, from various resources, and convert to meaningful information useful for decision making.
- Ability to liaise remotely with a wide range of people at all levels and across different cultures and to act with credibility, tact and diplomacy
- Excellent stakeholder management
- Ability to be proactive and logical in problem-solving scenarios
- Thorough – high attention to detail and takes pride in delivering accurate, high quality work
- Excellent IT literacy including expertise in spread sheet modelling and analysis
- Strong time management and personal organisation skills with an ability to plan ahead, anticipate requirements, and obstacles, and an ability to juggle competing priorities successfully, and to work to tight deadlines
- Conscientious and client focussed
- Maintains a calm disposition and positive outlook particularly when working under pressure
- A full appreciation of the value of co-operation, both internationally and within a team environment
- Commitment to Save the Children values
- Verbal and written fluency in English
How to Apply
Closing date: Sunday 20 May 2018
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: