Save The Children Job Vacancy 2019 for Finance Officer NGO
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Save The Children Job Vacancy 2019 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Save The Children Job Vacancy 2019
The Finance Officer – Payables will support the Head of Finance Planning and Reporting in delivering the Finance teams objectives in a timely and accurate fashion. This is a key role, as it will pivotal in ensuring timely payment processing of all payables and liabilities in the centralized model of the Country Office. The Finance officer will be responsible for;
- Receives all documents from the field offices.
- Review and register the completeness of documents received from the field and report on any omissions/missing documentation to the support services officer.
- Prepare payment vouchers for all payments received and ensure that they have been signed-off as per the scheme of delegation.
- Maintain a schedule of recurrent expenditure for the Country Office i.e. Utilities such as Electricity Bills, Water Bills, Internet Bills, and Security, Cleaning services to ensure that they are all paid and accrued on a timely basis.
- Timely preparation of statutory deduction payments.
- Preparation of withholding tax payments.
- Register all documents through the accounts payable module in the Financial Management System or prepare to accompany GLACOS and submit the payment vouchers for review by the line manager for posting and further processing.
- Processing the payroll GLACOs for review and posting by the line manager or appointed designate.
- Perform aging analysis and supplier reconciliations.
Balance Sheet Accounts Reconciliation;
- Single Account Reconciliation as directed by the line manager
- Perform Monthly Bank Reconciliations for approval by the line manager
- Perform Monthly MPESA Reconciliations for approval by the line manager
Controls and Reporting
- Ensure a clear audit trail of processed transactions and their linkage to the accounting system
- Implementation of any accounting and financial audit recommendations.
- Provision of information to field offices on the status of payment for each of their requests.
- Backstop for Finance Officer Treasury.
- Internal and external audit support.
- Participate in Procurement committees in the Country Office.
- Ensure internal controls are maintained.
Staff Management, Mentorship, and Development
- Support new SCI staff finance induction
- Working with other teams (HR, Supply Chain, Awards, field teams etc.) to enhance efficient processes
- Supervise and motivate the three finance officers.
- Manage performance of Finance Officers through:
- Effective use of the Performance Management System including the establishment of clear, measurable objectives, ongoing feedback, periodic reviews and fair and unbiased evaluations;
- Provide training, capacity building and ensure the team has the right working tools.
- Coaching, mentoring and other developmental opportunities;
- Recognition and rewards for outstanding performance;
- Documentation of performance that is less than satisfactory, with appropriate performance improvements/work plans
- Recommended a minimum of 2 years’ experience in Accounting/financial management; payroll, purchase ledger, cash/bank reconciliations.
- Strong working computer skills especially in accounting packages.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching.
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Strong results orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mindsets.
- Experience of solving complex issues through analysis, a definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy-in.
- Ability to present complex information in a succinct and compelling manner.
- Ability and willingness to dramatically change work practices and hours, and work with incoming surge teams, in the event of emergencies.
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written, preferred.
- Commitment to Save the Children values.
- Bachelors of Commerce degree in Finance or equivalent.
- Professional qualifications in Accounting (CPA II section finalist or ACCA II)
How to Apply
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role. To see a full job description, please visit our website at
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best-qualified talent.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: