Save the Children Job Vacancy 2018 for Head of Strategic Portfolio and Award Management, Application Details
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We’re changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
As a key member of the Regional Programme Operations team, you will be leading Awards (grants) management support across East and Southern Africa. Working in close collaboration within the Regional Office with the supply chain, finance, advocacy, HR, security, and operations managers, you will ensure that all country offices operationalize optimally the awards management cycle that SCI new programming model requires. In particular, you will shape country offices award management processes so that they are effective and compliant. You will be the key focal point for all compliance and awards systems and tools management related issues. You will actively manage the review of all relevant awards at regional level and play a key role in coordinating multi-country regional awards. Building on the experience you will gain in implementing the new SCI award management tools, you will identify best practice and short comings and work to improve these processes and tools in collaboration with the centre
Contract Duration: 12 Months
- Post graduate degree
- Excellent planning, management and coordination skills, with the ability to organise a demanding workload comprised of diverse and challenging tasks and responsibilities
- Proven track record of active contribution to a senior management team, and providing strategic support across multiple sectors and/or regions
- Extensive experience with NGOs with increasing responsibilities including a proven experience of establishing and running the award management function in the field
- Knowledge of the requirements of major institutional donors including budgeting, eligibility issues, compliance management, and reporting; experience of engaging with donors at a strategic level
- Well-developed skills in staff management. Proven coaching and capacity building skills
- Understanding of the financial aspects of award management, and understanding of operations and programming
- Very strong attention to detail, problem solving skills, and ability to analyse trends
- Computer literate (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet Explorer, financial systems)
- Cultural awareness and ability to build relationships quickly with a wide variety of people
- Patient, adaptable, able to improvise, and communicate clearly and effectively under pressure
- Strong communication (written and spoken) in English, and strong interpersonal skills, with experience in managing multicultural teams
- Experience with award management policies, procedures and systems and Save the Children’s award management system (AMS)
- Understanding of financial reporting from Save the Children’s accounting software (Agresso)
- Experience of Project Management, M&E Management or Funding Coordination
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy
How to Apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: