Save the Children Job Vacancy 2018 for Business (Program) Development Manager, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Save the Children Job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Save the Children Job Vacancy 2018
Save the Children has been operational in Kenya since the 1950s, providing support to children through developmental and humanitarian relief programmes delivered both directly and through local partners. Current programming focuses on child protection, child rights governance, education, health, HIV/AIDS, livelihoods, nutrition and WASH. In 2012, as part of a global reorganization process, Save the Children combined the programmes of SC UK, SC Canada and SC Finland to create a single operation in Kenya. In Feb 2014, we completed a second transition, which saw us join forces with the British INGO, Merlin, and merge their health and nutrition programmes with our own. Save the Children now has an operational presence in Bungoma, Dadaab Refugee Camp, Garissa, Mandera, Turkana and Wajir and a footprint in Kakamega, Kisumu, Migori and Kitui. In 2016, Save the Children established a new project office in Madagascar whose operations are managed by the Kenya CO. In total, we employ around 250 staff in both countries and had an operating annual budget in 2017 of approximately US$22million.
ROLE PURPOSE: The Business Development Manager will work to identify donor opportunities, facilitate donor engagement, assist in the development of fundraising strategies, and coordinate proposal development for large and strategic funding opportunities. Recognizing that many conversations with donors involve a review or update around current grants as well as discussions about new opportunities, the Business Development Manager will also be expected to keep closely informed about the progress of all major institutional grants and able to speak to results in key reporting documents. The Business Development Manager will be located in Nairobi. The role has an external orientation, but works closely with the Awards department for interaction with other members of Save the Children International who provide programme funding
Contract Duration: 1 year
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Master degree in an area of social development or equivalent.
- Recommended a minimum of five years management in a both emergency and development contexts, preferably with solid experience in more than one of the Save the Children International priority sectors: education, protection, rights governance, HIV/AIDs, health and nutrition, and emergencies
- Excellent writing/editing skills, budget development skills and presentation/communication skills.
- Experience in presenting project information to donors and partners.
- Experience in leading development of large-scale or strategic proposals, including the development of project budgets greater than $1 million.
- Experience of working with financial and other data systems to produce budgets, analyze data and track trends.
- Ability to coach or mentor senior staff in proposal development or funding strategies
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Strong results orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mindsets.
- Experience of solving complex issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy in.
- Ability to present complex information in a succinct and compelling manner.
- Ability and willingness to dramatically change work practices and hours, and work with incoming surge teams, in the event of emergencies
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written, required.
- Commitment to Save the Children International values.
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role. To see a full a job description, please visit our website at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best-qualified talent.
Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Save the Children career website on stcuk.taleo.net to apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: