Save the Children Job Vacancies 2018 for Internal Audit NGO
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We’re changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
Role Purpose: As a member of the country level SLT, the internal audit position will independently evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of the governance, risk management and control systems within the county programme and provide regular opinions on the effectiveness of these systems together with proposed action plans to address any weak areas. The position will lead on coordinating any fraud investigations
Contract Duration: 2 years with possibility for extension
Qualifications and Experience
- A University degree in Commerce, Accounting or Business Administration (Finance or Accounting option) from a recognised university.
- A minimum of 5 years of progressively mid-level management experience with INGO’s in professional accounting and financial management.
- Leading and coaching others
- Interacting with and challenging SMT
- Setting strategic and operational plans
- be a qualified internal auditor (IIA) or accountant;
- have extensive experience in relevant operational areas (e.g. in programme/project management in an INGO context) and be willing to learn the appropriate audit skills
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written, required
- Commitment to Save the Children values
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role. To see a full a job description, please visit our website at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Female candidates are encouraged to apply
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment
How to Apply
Please follow this link to apply:
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: