Save the Children International Job Vacancy 2018 for Programme Operations Coordinator
Title: Programme Operations Coordinator – Somalia/Somaliland Country OfficeSave the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We’re changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.Role Purpose: The Program Operations Coordinator will support the Country Office Operations team with the production, coordination and dissemination of quality and timely management information including tracking of operations related communication, monthly reports, context analysis etc. This will include working with Area offices in the coordination and dissemination of operations planning and reporting, ongoing response information, keeping track of requests from the Area Offices etc.The Program Operations Coordinator will also act as a key focal point; working closely with the Area teams; to support and organize internal and external program visits. The post holder will work closely with colleagues across the Area Offices operations, Awards, Finance and PDQ teams.Contract Duration: 12 months with possibility for extensionLocation: NairobiQualifications and ExperienceEssential:
- Advanced degree in an area of international studies, social development or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years demonstrable experience in role with similar responsibly for information management and coordination
- Ability to work effectively to elicit information from a variety of stakeholders and to adapt this into concise materials to support and promote the work of Save the Children’s programme operations department.
- Able to manage a high workload and meet tight deadlines
- An understanding of response management and the critical importance of information management and communications
- Excellent written and spoken skills in English
- Excellent and proven communicator able to communicate to a wide range of audiences.
- Resourcefulness, flexibility, good organisational skills and the ability to prioritise and to meet deadlines.
- Good understanding of children’s issues, rights, development and humanitarian issues, and the ability to relate Save the Children’s work within this context.
- Ability to work effectively with people from different nationalities, cultures, ethnic and religious groups across the region
- Competent IT skills and experience of using email and Internet
- Experience of working for or with Save the Children, or a related right-based or development organisation
- Understanding of the developments issues and/or work experience in East Africa region
- Basic competence in one or more of the major languages in the region
- Experience of operating multimedia equipment including digital cameras, video recording equipment, web cams, and voice recorders.
- Experience of tailoring communication and advocacy messages for a variety of decision-makers and high level audiences
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role. To see a full a job description, please visit our website at www.savethechildren.net/jobsWe need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding PolicySave the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.
How to Apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: