Save the Children International Job Recruitment 2018 for Regional Roving Human Resources Coordinator
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We’re changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
The Regional Roving Human Resources Coordinator is charged with ensuring quality, efficient and proactive HR support services for the Regional and Country offices.
This role will also have key functionality in maintaining and updating the HRIS/Oracle including the HR database, filing system, employment and contractual records for the East and Southern Africa Region. Collecting relevant monthly information from the Area Offices and to run regular and ad-hoc reports and statistics to the Management.
Contract Duration: 2 years Location: Regional Office, Nairobi Qualifications and Experience
- Educated to degree level in Human Resources, or equivalent.
- Experience in recruitment in emergencies
- Extensive experience in working with online HR information systems and other IT platforms.
- Should have extensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel. Proficiency in working with computers
- A minimum of 3 years of work experience in Human Resources and Administration in a corporate or an NGO environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills, collaborative style and approach, and ability to work effectively across cultures
- Experience of working under high pressure, fast-paced environments and able to deal with ambiguity and change in those contexts
- Ability to plan and organize a substantial workload that includes complex, diverse tasks
- Should be willing to travel within East and Southern Africa extensively
- Quality orientation and attention to detail
- A commitment to the mission, vision and values of Save the Children
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven records management experience i.e. for both paper and electronic filing systems
- Experience of working within a team and actively involved in team building
- Ability to work within a multi-cultural setting
- Ability to multitask and prioritise well
- High level of confidentiality and integrity
- Member of IHRM
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role. To see a full a job description, please visit our website at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
How to Apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: