Save the Children International Job Recruitment 2018 For Regional Awards Analyst, Application Details
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We’re changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
The purpose of this post is to lead on strategic portfolio planning and risk management through analysis and management information. Under the direction of the Head of Award Management, the Awards Analyst, will complement efforts from PDQ, Programme Operations and Finance in ensuring that the SCI Country Offices are remaining competitive and are adhering to all its award management obligations internally within Save the Children and externally with donors.
Contract Duration: Fixed Term
Location: East and Southern Africa Regional Office
Qualifications and Experience
- Graduate qualification in Finance management, Grants management or equivalent.
- At least 5 years’ experience in project management, grants / contract management / fund management
- Excellent planning, management and coordination skills, with the ability to organise a demanding workload comprised of diverse and challenging tasks and responsibilities.
- Experience with NGOs with increasing responsibilities including a proven experience of establishing and running the award management function in the field.
- Knowledge of the requirements of major institutional donors including budgeting, eligibility issues, compliance management, and reporting.
- Experience of engaging with donors at country strategy levels.
- Experience of and well developed skills in staff management and supervision. Proven strong coaching and capacity building skills.
- Very strong capacity for attention to detail, problem solving, and analysis of trends.
- Computer literate with very strong excel skills.
- Cultural awareness and ability to build relationships quickly with a wide variety of people.
- Patient, adaptable, flexible, able to improvise and remain responsive and communicate clearly and effectively under pressure.
- Strong communication (written and spoken), and interpersonal skills in English, with experience in managing multicultural teams.
- Experience with Save the Children award management policies, procedures and systems and Save the Children’s award management system (AMS).
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best-qualified talent.
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: