Sanergy Job Vacancy 2018 for Process Engineer Internships, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Sanergy Job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
Sanergy Job Vacancy 2018
Sanergy is an award-winning social venture that builds healthy, prosperous communities by making hygienic sanitation accessible and affordable in Africa’s urban informal settlements.
Our systems-based approach to solving the sanitation crisis involves five key steps: we build a dense network of low-cost, high-quality waterless sanitation facilities – called Fresh Life Toilets. We franchise the toilets to community residents, who run them as commercial toilets; landlords, who offer them as a value-added service to their tenants; and schools, to ensure children always have access to a safe sanitation option.
We provide critical support services – such as access to finance, business analytics, training and aspirational marketing and branding. We collect the waste regularly and safely remove it from the community for treatment.
We convert the waste into valuable end products, such as organic fertilizer and insect-based animal protein, which we sell to Kenyan farms. We launched our first toilet in November 2011, and we now have a network of over 600 active Fresh Life Toilets run by over 300 Fresh Life Operators. We have collected and converted over 7,800 tons of waste.
At the same time, we have built a team of over 250 people. For our work, we have been recognized by Fast Company as one of the 10 Most Innovative Companies in the World Doing Social Good and one of the 10 Best Companies in Africa.
We are an increasingly sophisticated, highly intricate organization with many moving parts. Sanergy seeks accomplished, driven individuals who will make substantive contributions to the organization.
We currently seek a Process Engineer Intern who will work in our New Technology Commercialization department:
Roles for the Process Engineer Internship
In this Internship role you will have the opportunity to working under the supervision of experienced engineers and develop hands-on experience in the following areas:
- Perform hydraulic calculations to determine line sizes, pump specifications, and control valve sizing
- Perform heat transfer calculations to determine heat exchanger duty requirements and sizing
- Develop piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&ID) for different processing units, including details such as line sizes, control valves, isolation valves and control logic
- Participate in and leading P&ID review session
- Participate in Hazard and Operability (HAZOP) studies
- Create close-out reports for P&ID review sessions and HAZOP sessions
- Contribute to reviews of vendor documentation and other discipline documents
- Develop line lists and setting hydro test boundary limits
- Create operating guidelines and start-up/commissioning procedures
- Interact with other disciplines and vendors to ensure design accuracy
Skills and qualifications you’ll need
- An Engineering degree in either Process/Chemical/Civil or Mechanical.
- Good understanding of chemical engineering concepts specifically fluid dynamics and heat transfer models
- Experience developing or contributing to control philosophies and operating guidelines
- Experience developing or contributing to the sizing of processing equipment such as pumps, blowers, heat exchangers, piping systems, and control valves
- Detail-oriented with demonstrated capability to analyze processing systems efficiently and rapidly
- Ability to look beyond the most obvious solution to provide engineering designs that are safe, practical, reliable, and cost effective
- A learning mindset and interest in taking on board constructive feedback from senior engineers in order to develop their process engineering expertise while delivering solutions that meet design requirements and stakeholder expectations
- A proactive attitude, with a willingness to get involved and learn by doing
- Ability to communicate clearly in both verbal and written form
Process Engineer Internship Qualifications
- A collaborative spirit that compels you to work beyond your team
- A desire to understand and serve customers
- A willingness to embrace diversity, integrity, and empathy
- An innovative approach to assessing and testing new ideas
- An enthusiasm to achieve set targets and improve yourself professionally
How to Apply
To apply, please submit a cover letter clearly indicating your available start state, your resume/CV that includes a list of three referees to email@example.com by 15th October, 2018.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: