Sagemcom Job Vacancy 2018 for Presales Engineer Nanogrid rural & telecom H/F, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Sagemcom Job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Sagemcom Job Vacancy 2018
Sagemcom is a leading European group on the high added-value communicating terminals market (set top boxes, internet boxes, electricity meters, etc.) that is headquartered in France. Group turnover totals €1.8 billion, the headcount of 4,200 employees works in more than 40 countries, of which about 30% in France, and the group has been profitable since it was created. Sagemcom designs, manufactures and ships more than 22 million terminals worldwide every year.
The “Nanogrid & Smart sites” Line of Business (LOB) designs, develops and installs electrification solutions for isolated sites (commercial or rural). It consists of an end to end solution including power production, mainly from renewable energy, LV / MV distribution, subscriber connection, electrical metering, and overall energy monitoring. Sagemcom’s offer is realized with Sagemcom and partners’ products as well as the associated services: installation, maintenance, support.
In a context of development and growth of this activity, we are looking for a Presale Engineer. Your role will be to ensure technical responsibility for the overall responses. You will accompany the salesmen to present of the offers, to understand needs of customers. You will also work closely with product managers to optimize the solution.
Your main missions will be organized as follows:
- Assume the technical responsibility for the answers to the calls for tenders that will be entrusted to you: analyze the customer’s need, follow and respond to calls for tenders, define and choose the Sagemcom solution or the most suitable sourced products, collect the cost of different equipment and services in order to optimize the overall quotation proposed to the salesman and to participate in the various stages of the commercial and operations process (review of offer, review of contract, kick of meeting of Nanogrid’s projects).
- Participate to Rural Minigrid sizing: Organization and follow up of villages’ surveys in order to propose an optimum end to end solution including production, distribution and subscriber connection.
- Design and simulate performances of Gen Unit.
- Assist presales salespersons as part of tenders or prospects in order to better understand the needs of the customer.
- Assist purchases and product managers in the selection of third-party products or services.
- Establish the costs of the products and services of an offer.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Engineering degree with a specialty in energy.
- Past experience in a close field of activity (smart grid, nanogrid, renewable energy…).
- Strong interest in the technical field and in the Africa zone where most of our projects are concentrated.
- Civil engineering and / or renewable energy skills will be appreciated.
- Rigorous (complex offer), persevering (optimization of the best offer), creative and a strong sense of customer relations and technical and commercial arguments.
- Fluent in English, French is a plus.Lastly, trips (25%) are expected in the area (Kenya, Tanzania, Zambia, Ethiopia).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Sagemcom career website on www.sagemcom.com to apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: