Safaricom Limited Job Vacancies For Head of Department-Corporate Communication, Application Details
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy in the PR & Corporate Communications Department within the Corporate Affairs Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to the Director Corporate Affairs, the position holder will be responsible for end to end management of the company’s internal, social and external communications strategy designed to present and maintain a positive public image of Safaricom in line with the Safaricom’s commitment to being a truly transformative Kenyan business that goes beyond its limits to meet customer demands. He/she will be expected to proactively develop and provide strategic thought leadership for both internal and external audiences in the areas of media management, digital asset and social media engagement, crisis communications, internal and external corporate publications, executive PR and media training.
- Ensure that the Safaricom brand maintains cordial and mutually beneficial ties with its entire stakeholder universe, including the media, regulators, shareholders, customers, future generations etc.
- Develop and implement a strategic online reputation management plan for the Safaricom brand. Giving the company a respected, consistent and well-projected voice in the online community.
- Revamp the internal communications strategy for Safaricom.
- Optimize and standardize processes, implement new technology enhancements.
- Ensure that Safaricom gets maximum value out of its entire corporate giving/investment function whether this is channeled through long-term devices (Sponsorships and Brand Assets) or long term partnerships (Safaricom & MPESA Foundations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in either Marketing, Communications, Education , Political Science, Public Administration , Law and other social sciences.
- Master’s Degree or relevant Post Graduate Qualifications in any of the above fields will be an added advantage.
- 8- 10 years hands on experience in PR and Communications of which 4 years must have been in senior management experience, preferably in a blue chip company or reputable large corporate organization.
- The job holder will be a highly energetic and motivated tech savvy PR professional.
- Experience and exposure to the ICT industry will be a considerable advantage.
- Experience with online reputation management strategy formulation & demonstrated experience with social media and online content engagement.
How to Apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: