Safaricom Job Vacancy For Accounts, Application Details
We are pleased to announce the following Contractor Position in the Finance Operations Department within Accounts Payables Section. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to the Senior Manager – Accounts payables the position holder will ensure accuracy and completeness of accounts payables transactions in the financial statements, Reconciliation and processing payments for the suppliers and maintenance of the creditor’s ledger in accordance to Vodafone policies and International Accounting Standards
Table of Contents
Contractor – Accounts Payables Job Responsibilities
- Ensure posting of invoices in the allocated supplier accounts on an ongoing basis.
- Ensure availability & matching of all relevant documents (LPO, invoice, Goods Received Note/ Engineer’s certificate/ Service delivery confirmation, Contract, Quality Control report) before processing documents for payments.
- Ensure that suppliers’ accounts are properly reconciled in preparation for payments by 15th of every month.
- Ensure processing of supplier payments.
- Preparation of Account Payables schedules for internal, interim and annual audits and timely resolution of matters raised from the audit.
- Supplier management end to end for the cluster allocated.
Requirements for the Contractor – Accounts Payables Job
- Honors degree from a recognized university in a financial field.
- Recognized accounting qualification (CPA (K), ACCA)
- Highly computer literate; ability to work without supervision; drive for results
- Have good stakeholder management skills.
- Ability to understand and use of a well-run purchasing and Accounts payable process.
- Understanding of the International Financial Reporting Standards and their application.
- Understanding of the tax requirements for payments made.
- Resolution of issues related to supplier payments on a timely basis
- Ability to relate well with both internal and external customers and work in teams.
- Ability to make use of management reports i.e. Aged creditors balances to take action.
- Keen attention to details
- Ability to work without supervision
Key Performance Indicators
- All invoices received in the business are posted within 24hours on receipt as per invoices register
- Receipt of all goods/services is confirmed before payments are done, Nil double payment of invoices. Nil invoices without PO.
- Prepare and circulate payment projection by 2nd working day of the month, report by 10th working day the expected payments for the month to CFO & Financial Controller to facilitate Electronic funds transfer.
- Reconciliation & payment of all supplier accounts. Nil reconciling items.
- Follow up on payment approval and successful transmitting funds to bank. Share Remittance Advices with all suppliers.
- Accurate and complete schedules submitted on time for reporting , audit & Implementing and resolving all matters raised from the audit by dates set and agreed
How to Apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: