Safaricom Job Vacancy 2019 for Head of Regulatory & Public Policy, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Safaricom Job Vacancy 2019 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Safaricom Job Vacancy 2019
We are pleased to announce the above vacancy within the Regulatory and Public Policy Department in our corporate Affairs Division. In keeping with our current and future business plans, we are looking for an individual who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to the Chief Corporate Affairs Officer, you will lead the team through the development and implementation of a regulatory and public policy strategy to support the business objectives. You will analyze and interpret the policy environment to help inform business decision-making. You will build and manage relationships with policymakers and influencers to promote understanding of our business and our values. You will develop and advocate positions that promote an optimal regulatory environment for Safaricom to operate in. You will build coalitions with industry partners and civil society. Your experience and understanding of the policy environment in Kenya will enable you to act as a strategic adviser inside Safaricom and a strong ambassador outside.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
- Develop and implement Safaricom’s regulatory and public policy strategy for the business in conjunction with the relevant internal stakeholders.
- Ensure compliance with Laws and regulations with regard to competition, interconnection, consumer complaints and dispute management; filing of returns and tariffs and reporting; amongst others as stipulated by the Regulator
- Engage with relevant Government Ministries and agencies including Regulators like Competition Authority, Communications Authority of Kenya, National Environmental Management Agency, amongst other stakeholders in shaping policy and regulatory environment affecting Safaricom and the industry.
- Manage and oversee the development and implementation of professional relations with relevant officials in National and County offices; statutory organizations, commissions, authorities and any other organizations holding administrative authority; which affects Safaricom’s operations.
- Create and maintain Safaricom’s participation in beneficial industry organisations to address common industry concerns such as energy, spectrum, infrastructure sharing and others for the benefit of Safaricom.
- Provide competent advice to internal stakeholders on the regulatory implications of their business decisions and lead Safaricom’s engagement with regulators and industry.
- Manage relationships between Safaricom and all interconnect partners as well as safeguard Safaricom’s interests in all disputes and negotiations on interconnect matters. Manage Interconnect debts by all local, regional and international interconnect partners as well as ensure compliance to SLAs by all local, regional and International interconnection partners
- Manage implementation of new Interconnect regulations from Local or regional regulatory agencies and oversee management of illegal international traffic termination.
- Develop and deliver a suitable framework for Roaming and International Services both Inbound & Outbound including monitoring and growing revenues and managing costs, manage key partners and relationships.
The Successful Candidate Will Possess The Following
- Leadership experience advancing a public policy agenda in Kenya or other jurisdiction.
- A strong network with industry, government and political stakeholders in Kenya, with a demonstrated ability to interact effectively and comfortably at the highest corporate and political levels.
- An extensive understanding of the Kenyan political process and climate, with an informed global perspective, combine with sound and practical business judgment and common sense.
- An ability to anticipate emerging issues of importance to the company, communicating their impact on the company to senior management, and developing a strategy to address them effectively.
- Ability to identify and understand key technical aspects pertaining to corporate operations in legislative and regulatory proposals, understand business implications, and synthesize policy documents for internal and external customers.
- A track record for effectively leveraging resources including internal teams, external consultants, coalitions, associations, and other relevant organizations.
- The ability to manage a large number and variety of mission-critical projects, working independently and often in ambiguous environments.
- The ability to persuasively communicate complex and technical concepts and issues to internal and external stakeholders to achieve desired outcomes.
- Highly effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Maintain highest professional levels of ethical conduct and integrity.
- Self-starter with proven record of accomplishment of successfully working with a wide array of functional groups across an organization and cultures.
- Ability to influence, negotiate with, and persuade others is required.
- Must be flexible and demonstrate strong judgment/decision-making skills, and political agility.
- A degree in communications, law, economics or other business related field from a recognised university
- Post Graduate Qualifications will be an advantage
- Demonstrated experience in a Public Policy shaping environment and or organisation.
- Demonstrated experience in a Regulatory & Public Policy environment in a Communications organisation would be an added advantage
- An updated CV with a confirmation of three referees- 2 must be professional and must have supervised you at some point, the other referee can be a colleague in the same professional field. If the referees are within the same organization that you are working with, you will need to confirm to us that it’s okay to contact them in writing (via email). This also includes all references within the Human Resources department.
- Scanned copy of certificate of good conduct from the CID (Less than 1 year old) – Applicable to Kenyans Only
- Scanned copy of certificate from Credit Reference Bureau (CRB) – Applicable to Kenyans Only
- Scanned copy of University Certificate or letter from the University requesting for internship
- Scanned copy of your National ID / Passport – Legal Form of Identification
How to Apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
- HOT: How to Start a Blog and Make Money Online in Kenya in 2019 (Exclusive Guide)