Safaricom Job Vacancy 2019 for Head of Department
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Safaricom Job Vacancy 2019 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Safaricom Job Vacancy 2019
We are pleased to announce the following Head of Department Mergers & Acquisition within the Business Development Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to the Chief Business Development Officer, the position holder will consider and evaluate selected merger and acquisition opportunities and evaluate selected disinvestments on behalf of Safaricom in the rest of the continent. In addition, the role holder will act as corporate advisor (current & new) to Safaricom by providing in-house corporate finance advisory services.
- Consider, review and recommend for evaluation, selected merger and acquisition opportunities based on criteria such as targeted countries or regions, potential revenue, size of economy, etc., specifically focusing on Kenya & Rest of Africa.
- Actively engage with business on key strategic opportunities for inorganic growth & find path to delivery
- Prepare M&A proposals for Board/Exco review and decision
- Agree proposals to be escalated with ME: M&A (S.A &ROA).
- Maintain up-to-date valuation scenario analysis on specific M&A targets. Build & maintain a knowledge management system and processes, in order to maintain up-to-date valuation scenario analysis, including tracking other transactions in the sector or valuation multiples of other companies in the sector.
- Review the business case for disinvestment assessing factors such as rationale for disinvesting the business concerned, financial impact, strategic reasons why the business should not be retained within the group, etc.
- Prepare the disinvestment proposal liaising with Vodacom business heads, internal technical specialists and business heads, as appropriate.
- Provide corporate financial advice as required (d.c.f. and impairment calculations, weighted cost of capital data, cash generation calculations, etc.) to support the finance/accounting function.
- Lead & engage the organization in the process of identifying business opportunities
- Engagement and contracting of external parties
- Management & supervision of teams output & productivity
- Provide input into internal presentations, Exco reports, Board reports and other pieces of analysis on an ad-hoc basis.
- CA S.A. or equivalent qualification
- Minimum of 8 to 10 years’ experience in a financial role, corporate finance, investment banking or financial services of which at least 5-7 years experience in M&A is essential.
- Corporate finance/advisory experience coupled with tax and legal knowledge
- Working knowledge of economics
- Knowledge of national policies, regulations, etc., affecting mergers and acquisitions (socio-economic policies, BEE environmental laws, Competition Commission, etc.) plus knowledge of current affairs.
- Strong analytical skills
- As part of the interview, process external candidates should prepare the following documentation which will be required at a later stage based on your performance in the interviews.
- An updated CV with contacts of three referees, 2 who must be professional and must have supervised you at some point, the other referee can be a colleague in the same professional field.
- Kenyan Certificate of Good Conduct (Less than 1 year old) or a receipt of the same from the CID pending release of the hardcopy document.
- Clearance certificate from a reputable Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
- University Degree Certificate/ Letter of Completion from University in case you have not received your degree certificate.
- Copy of your National ID/Passport
How to Apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: