Safaricom Job Vacancy 2018 for Senior Officer – Junior Data Scientist, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Safaricom Job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Safaricom Job Vacancy 2018
We are pleased to announce the following opportunity in the Big Data and Business Analytics Department within the Strategy and Innovation Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for persons who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to the Lead Data Scientist, the position holder will create value from Safaricom’s vast amount and variety of data using advance analytical and statistical methods and models to answer complex business questions. This will serve to aid in decision making, unlock new revenue opportunities and areas to create efficiency. The role requires deployment of Artificial Intelligence driven by Safaricom’s data to create Machine learning models and solutions to deliver specific business relevant use cases. Safaricom is investing heavily in big data and this will be a truly exciting role in view of the organizations unique data set and position in this region.
- Data mining using state-of-the-art methods
- Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Collaborate with business units and engineering teams to understand and prioritize company needs and devise possible solutions based on business use cases
- Create various machine learning-based tools or processes within the company, such as recommendation engines or automated lead scoring systems to drive revenue or create cost efficiencies
- Create visualizations using state of the art visualization tools
- BSC. in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics or equivalent practical experience
- 1 – 2 years data science working experience and with a leadership role.
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as R, Weka, NumPy, MatLab
- Experience with data visualization tools, such as D3.js, GGplot
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing and regression
- Good scripting and programming skills
- Good understanding of big data technologies like Hadoop
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills and quick grasps to understand business problems
As part of our recruitment process we will request the below documentation which will be required as soft copies at a later stage of the process:
- An updated CV with a confirmation of three referees- 2 must be professional and must have supervised you at some point, the other referee can be a colleague in the same professional field. If the referees are within the same organization that you are working with, you will need to confirm to us that it’s okay to contact them in writing (via email). This also includes all references within the Human Resources department.
- Scanned copy of certificate of good conduct from the CID (Less than 1 year old) – Applicable to Kenyans Only
- Scanned copy of certificate from Credit Reference Bureau (CRB) – Applicable to Kenyans Only
- Scanned copy of University Certificate or letter from the University requesting for internship
- Scanned copy of your National ID / Passport – Legal Form of Identification
How to Apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: