Sacco Job Vacancy For Insurance Officer, Application Details
The Sacco seeks an Insurance expert with the overall responsibility of executing the Society’s long-term vision and strategy, policies, development of business plans and company budgets.
Reports to the Chief Manager Business Development
Table of Contents
Insurance Officer Job Responsibilities
- Growing the Society’s revenue base through
- Insurance brokerage fees and commissions among others;
- Implementing strategies, policies and standards relating to
- Insurance function in line with the Society objectives;
- Promoting the function’s responsibilities focusing on developing Society plans, objectives, strategies, policies, norms and procedures;
- Providing Insurance cover for assets, human resources and potential legal liabilities of the
- Administering Insurance policies including monitoring of claims and recoveries;
- Providing advice on Insurance matters as required;
- Keeping the Society abreast on emerging issues in the Insurance field
- Negotiating Insurance disputes with customers and other parties with a view to settling them out of court;
- Creating Insurance awareness among the Society staff;
- Facilitating settlements of
- Insurance claims through Insurance brokers;
- Participating in the procurement of Insurance services for the Society;
- Managing human, financial and material resources assigned to the department
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications for the Insurance Officer Job
- Bachelor of degree from a recognized institution.
- Diploma in Insurance management from a recognized institution.
- Registered with the Chartered Institute of
- Insurance or other relevant professional bodies
- Served for at least three (3) years at a level of Senior Insurance Officer
- Five (5)years’ experience in the Insurance industry with extensive knowledge of marketing issues.
- Sound knowledge of the Insurance products and services and IRA regulations.
- High levels of professionalism, honest with impeccable int
- egrity (high ethical standards).
- Good management ability with capacity to grow, support and develop talent within the Society
- Demonstrable business acumen and excellent communication, social and presentation skills.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and persuasively, interpret documents, understand procedures, write reports and
- correspondence, and speak clearly to third parties and employees.
- Ability to meet reporting expectations of the Board, investors and statutory bodies
- Excellent decision making skills.
- Strong leadership and team building skill S and experience with the ability to develop and
- maintain a management team.
- Excellent organization, delegation, performance management, administration, analytical, influencing, negotiation and time management skills.
How to Apply
Qualified applicants should send their Application Letter and Detailed CVs To Insuranceofficer@stima-sacco.com on or before 5pm on 10thJanuary 2018 indicating the position applied for as the subject line. Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: