Rural Electrification Job Recruitment 2018 For Principal Security Officer, Application Details
- Formulate, interpret and implement security policies and other procedures appertaining to security;
- Carrying out prevention and investigations on fraud and theft cases;
- Conduct investigations on criminal cases and presenting them to the police for appropriate action;
- Safeguarding Authority assets against theft, pilferage, damage ,misuse, or sabotage;
- Conduct investigations of motor vehicle accidents involving REA staff;
- Liaising with other law enforcing agencies to ensure effective execution of security;
- Representing the Authority in external investigations on matters of security;
- Prepare timely and accurate investigation reports;
- Prepare and implement the security budget;
- Supervise all contracted security guards deployed in various assignments of the Authority;
- Implement all security measures in all Authority premises-installing equipment’s, CCTV, access control systems and servicing ;
- Conduct fire drills and other security drills within the work place;
- Supervise and appraise officers in security department;
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Principal Security Officer Job Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Criminology, Security Management or any Social Science from a recognized institution;
- Master’s Degree in relate field from a recognized institution;
- Membership to professional bodies Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE),Certified
- Forensic Investigation Practitioner/Professional (CFIP)
- Police senior supervisory course
- Attained the rank of Chief Inspector of police or Captain in the armed forces ;
- Diploma in security Management or leadership skills is added an administration;
- Leadership or Management Course is an added advantage.
Experience and Competencies:
- Five (5 )years’ relevant experience with at least 3 years in a supervisory role,
- Investigative skills;
- Defensive driving skills ;
- First Aid skills;
- Fire Fighting skills.
- Leadership skills;
- Interpersonal skills;
- Communication skills;
- Decision making and problem solving skills;
- Communication skills;
- Analytical Skills;
- Demonstrated Integrity;
- Meets the requirements of chapter six of the constitution
How to Apply
Visit the REA website for the full details of the job descriptions, minimum requirements and requisite work experience for each position.
Apply for a position through a standard one-page letter, attaching a detailed CV and copies of certificates;
All applicants MUST complete a BIO DATA form which can be obtained from the REA website and send the same IN SOFT (NOT SCANNED) to the Chief Executive Officer on firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition to the Bio Data form, submit HARD COPIES of their applications together with their updated Curriculum Vitae, certified copies of academic and professional certificates before or on the closing date.
Candidates must submit Tax Compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority, Clearance Certificates from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission and Higher Education Loans Board; and a valid Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI).
Qualified persons including physically challenged, youth and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications should reach:
The Chief Executive Officer, Rural Electrification Authority, Kawi House, Block C/South C-Bellevue, P.O Box 34585-00100,
On/or before 31st January, 2018.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: