Rural Electrification Job Recruitment 2018 for Finance & Admin Manager
The Rural Electrification Authority, a State Corporation established under the Energy Act No. 12 of 2006, is mandated to enhance provision of electricity in the rural areas of Kenya. It is also the lead agency in the development and promotion of renewable energy in Kenya.
Through its mandate, the Authority seeks to improve the socio-economic well-being of Kenyans living in rural areas. Since commencing operations in the 2008/09 financial year, the Authority has endeavoured to realize this objective and through its efforts, 70% of all the public facilities now have electricity.
Moving forward, the Authority will put more focus on renewable energy to provide electricity to areas far away from the national grid network.
The Authority is looking for experienced, highly motivated and results oriented individuals to fill vacancies in the organization. The applicants must be self-driven individuals who are focused and committed to driving the REA mandate.
They will work with their departmental teams in spearheading/embracing innovations, work ethics and must possess high level of integrity.
Applications are invited from professionals who meet ALL the minimum qualifications for the following position:
One (1) Post on Permanent and Pensionable Terms Service.
The Manager will be responsible for proper financial management in the Authority and will report to the General Manager Corporate Services.
The Manager shall provide advisory functions to the top management on financial matters affecting the Authority.
He/she shall also provide oversight of administration function.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparation of robust financial systems and procedures to guide financial matters in the Authority;
- Develop financial controls to ensure prudent usage and management of financial resources;
- Preparation and submission of financial statements as required by the law;
- Develop and evaluate financial systems and make recommendations for improvement;
- Identify incidences of non-compliance with laid down financial systems and financial risks facing the Authority;
- Liaise with other Departments so as to ensure that financial and related regulations are complied with and where applicable give procedural guidance including dealing with any staff enquiries on any payment related matters;
- Develop and implement expenditure controls so as to ensure that financial expenditure is planned, controlled and properly authorized;
- Preparation of the department’s budget and consolidation of the directorate’s budget.
- Preparation of Authority’s annual budget by consolidation of all departmental budgets as per Government Policy and presentation to the Board for approval;
- Submission of annual budget to Government as required by law;
- Oversee the mobilization of financial resources to support the programs in the strategic plan;
- Coordinate the preparation of the Authority’s annual work plans and budgets;
- Carry out budgetary control;
- Management of accounts payables and receivable;
- Oversee the management of the Authority’s financial investment and assets;
- Ensuring correct maintenance of customers and suppliers records for the purpose of payment;
- Co-ordinate financial audit by the Kenya National Audit Office (KENAO) the end and respond to all issues raised in the management letter;
- Advise on Government policies on financial matters;
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual performance reports and submit them to the General Manager, Corporate services;
- Administer all Authority offices at HQ and all the field offices, ensuring that they are well provided;;
- In charge of stores management in the Authority;
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines:- Commerce (Accounting option); Commerce (Finance option); Business Administration (Accounting option) or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Master’s degree in any relevant field from a recognized institution;
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Chartered Accountant (ACCA) or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution
- Leadership or Management course is an added advantage;
- Certificate in computer applications from a recognized institution.
Experience and Competencies:
- At least eight (8) years’ relevant working experience, three(3) of which must be at management level;
- Be proficient in accounting packages;
- Certificate in Management Course lasting not less than three (3) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Demonstrate values of governance as provided in the Constitution of Kenya;
- Meets the requirements of the chapter six of the constitution.
How to Apply
Apply for a position through a standard one-page letter, attaching a detailed CV and copies of certificates;
All applicants MUST Complete a BIO DATA form which can be obtained HERE from the REA website and send the same IN SOFT (NOT SCANNED) to the Chief Executive Officer on [email protected]
In addition to the Bio Data form, submit HARD COPIES of their applications together with their updated Curriculum Vitae, certified copies of academic and professional certificates before or on the closing date.
Candidates must submit Tax Compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority, Clearance Certificates from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission and Higher Education Loans Board; and a valid Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI).
Qualified persons including physically challenged, youth and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications should reach:
The Chief Executive Officer, Rural Electrification Authority, Kawi House, Block C/South C-Bellevue, P.O Box 34585-00100, Nairobi.
On/or before 31st January, 2018.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: