Rural Electrification Job Recruitment 2018 for Design Principal Engineer
REA 4 – ONE (1) Post On Permanent And Pensionable Terms Service.
Duties for the Principal Engineer Job
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual sectional reports;
- Mentor and coach staff;
- Participate in the implementation of the performance management system in the section;
- Oversees the implementation of REA grid extension projects;
- Participate in formulation of power system design standards and ensure they are adhered to;
- Provide technical leadership and guidance on matters pertaining to design of distribution and transmission lines as necessary;
- Participate in the formulation of power system design standards and ensure they are adhered to;
- Implement policies and programmes on power system design;
- Design , supervise and commission projects;
- Prepare tenders documents ;
- Evaluate tenders and presentation to tender committee ;
- Factory acceptance test, supervision and commissioning ;
- Technical advisory;
- And any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Principal Engineer Job Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Renewable Energy from a recognized institution;
- Master’s Degree in a related field from a recognized institution;
- Registered with Engineers Board of Kenya ;
- Member of the Institute of Engineers of Kenya;
- Leadership /Management course lasting not less than four weeks is an added advantage;
Experience and Competencies:
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience with at least 3 years of supervisory experience;
- Knowledge of the industry and energy sector;
- Decision making and problem solving skills ;
- Leadership skills;
- Communication skills;
- Analytical Skills;
- Demonstrated Integrity;
- Meets the requirements of chapter six of the constitution
How to Apply
Visit the REA website for the full details of the job descriptions, minimum requirements and requisite work experience for each position. Apply for a position through a standard one-page letter, attaching a detailed CV and copies of certificates; All applicants MUST complete a BIO DATA form which can be obtained from the REA website and send the same IN SOFT (NOT SCANNED) to the Chief Executive Officer on email@example.com.
In addition to the Bio Data form, submit HARD COPIES of their applications together with their updated Curriculum Vitae, certified copies of academic and professional certificates before or on the closing date. Candidates must submit Tax Compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority, Clearance Certificates from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission and Higher Education Loans Board; and a valid Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI).
Qualified persons including physically challenged, youth and female candidates are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications should reach: The Chief Executive Officer, Rural Electrification Authority, Kawi House, Block C/South C-Bellevue, P.O Box 34585-00100, NAIROBI. On/or before 31st January, 2018.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: