Rural Electrification Job Recruitment 2018 for Construction Principal Engineer
REA 4 – One (1) Post On Permanent And Pensionable Terms Of Service.
Table of Contents
Duties for the Construction Principal Engineer Job
- Oversees the implementation of REA grid extension projects;
- Provide technical leadership and guidance on matters pertaining to construction of power lines standards and ensure they are adhered to;
- Implement policies and programmes on constructions of power lines;
- Prepare tenders documents;
- Factory acceptance test, supervision and commissioning of projects;
- Prepare project accounts and payments;
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual sectional reports;
- Mentor and coach staff;
- Participate in the implementation of the performance management system in the section;
- Provide Technical advisory;
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Construction Principal Engineer Job Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering (Power option) or in any other relevant field;
- Master’s Degree in a related field from a recognized institution;
- Registered Engineer with the Engineers Board of Kenya ;
- Member of the Institute of Engineers of Kenya;
- Leadership or Management course is an added an advantage.
Experience and Competencies
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience with at least 3 years of supervisory experience;
- Compliance with values and Principles of Public service;
- Knowledge of the industry and energy sector;
- Decision making and problem solving skills;
- Leadership skills;
- Communication skills;
- Analytical Skills;
- Demonstrated Integrity;
- Meets the requirements of chapter six of the constitution
How to Apply
Visit the REA website for the full details of the job descriptions, minimum requirements and requisite work experience for each position. Apply for a position through a standard one-page letter, attaching a detailed CV and copies of certificates; All applicants MUST complete a BIO DATA form which can be obtained from the REA website and send the same IN SOFT (NOT SCANNED) to the Chief Executive Officer on email@example.com.
In addition to the Bio Data form, submit HARD COPIES of their applications together with their updated Curriculum Vitae, certified copies of academic and professional certificates before or on the closing date. Candidates must submit Tax Compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority, Clearance Certificates from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission and Higher Education Loans Board; and a valid Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI).
Qualified persons including physically challenged, youth and female candidates are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications should reach: The Chief Executive Officer, Rural Electrification Authority, Kawi House, Block C/South C-Bellevue, P.O Box 34585-00100, NAIROBI. On/or before 31st January, 2018.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: