Rural Electrification Authority Job Recruitment 2018 for Principal Internal Auditor
- Develop and update appropriate risk management and internal control framework for REA;
- Review audit reports for all risk based audits conducted by Internal Audit staff and following up implementation of the audit recommendations;
- Develop Audit Plan and schedules;
- Summarize all the audit reports for presentation to the Audit Committee;
- Prepare discussion papers on the recommendations of the Audit Committee for presentation at the Board meetings;
- Prepare and submit monthly, quarterly and annual reports for the department;
- Prepare draft Board management papers for the Manager Internal Audit approval Prepare the departmental service charter;
- Prepare and monitor the annual budget and work plan of the Internal Audit department;
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Principal Internal Auditor Job Qualifications
- Bachelor of Commerce –Accounting or Finance Option or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
- Master’s Degree in relevant field from a recognized institution;
- CPA, ACCA, CA OR Registered Engineer ;
- Qualification in CIA or CISA are an added advantage;
- Member of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) in good standing. OR Member of the Institute of Engineers of Kenya (IEK) in good standing;
- Leadership or Management course is an added advantage.
Experience and Competencies:
- Five (5) years relevant working experience, with at least 3 years at management level;
- Prior experience managing a unit in a busy environment;
- High integrity and professional standards;
- Outstanding professional competence in legal audit frame work as reflected in work performance and results
- Strong leadership, planning and supervisory skills;
- Decision making and problem solving skills;
- Communication skills;
- Analytical Skills;
- Meet the provisions of the chapter six of the constitution.
How to Apply
Visit the REA website for the full details of the job descriptions, minimum requirements and requisite work experience for each position.
Apply for a position through a standard one-page letter, attaching a detailed CV and copies of certificates; All applicants MUST complete a BIO DATA form which can be obtained from the REA website and send the same IN SOFT (NOT SCANNED) to the Chief Executive Officer on email@example.com.
In addition to the Bio Data form, submit HARD COPIES of their applications together with their updated Curriculum Vitae, certified copies of academic and professional certificates before or on the closing date. Candidates must submit Tax Compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority, Clearance Certificates from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission and Higher Education Loans Board; and a valid Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI). Qualified persons including physically challenged, youth and female candidates are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications should reach: The Chief Executive Officer, Rural Electrification Authority, Kawi House, Block C/South C-Bellevue, P.O Box 34585-00100, NAIROBI. On/or before 31st January, 2018.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: